your opinion on hector comacho

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
    what are your opinions on this guy....
    He was a great talent. He had some of the fastest hands in boxing history. He was very exiting in the beginning of his career. There was a fight however, where he took a lot of punches (perhaps the Rosario fight as pointed out by Tbear) and that changed his style forever.

This meant he became a runner and most of his fights became snoozers after that. At least that's how I recall it.

The sad bit is that his still fighting and was scheduled to fight Allan Vester in Denmark some months ago. The fight fell through as Vester was injured. He should have called it a day a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      There was a fight however, where he took a lot of punches (perhaps the Rosario fight as pointed out by Tbear) and that changed his style forever.

This meant he became a runner and most of his fights became snoozers after that. At least that's how I recall it.
      Rosario exposed Camacho for the puzzy that he is.

Poet

Comment

How is calling Camacho, a guy who proved his toughness many times over, a "puzzy" in any way a fit contribution in a scholarly section like this?

I'm not even dissing the poster above me personally; he has his moments, good and bad. I'm just wondering aloud where the credibility of this sub-forum is at when any poster is allowed to keep returning and making remarks like that. In NSB, fine. In here, really?

Comment

Still, though...it's Macho Time.

Comment

Originally posted by -TRGB- View Post
            How is calling Camacho, a guy who proved his toughness many times over, a "puzzy" in any way a fit contribution in a scholarly section like this?

I'm not even dissing the poster above me personally; he has his moments, good and bad. I'm just wondering aloud where the credibility of this sub-forum is at when any poster is allowed to keep returning and making remarks like that. In NSB, fine. In here, really?
            You don't prove your "toughness" by running like a b1tch and wearing drag to the ring.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              The sad bit is that his still fighting and was scheduled to fight Allan Vester in Denmark some months ago. The fight fell through as Vester was injured. He should have called it a day a long time ago.
              Yeah this stuff is pretty disgraceful, I can't believe they let some people fight, Saoul Mamby fighting at 60 is sickening, I hope Tapia stays out the ring too.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                You don't prove your "toughness" by running like a b1tch and wearing drag to the ring.

Poet
                So, you're saying Camacho wasn't good for boxing, wasn't an excellent fighter, never fought tough in his career at 140 and beyond (even when taking a whooping)? How many fights after Rosario could you truthfully say he "ran" in and didn't still show cojones?

I get it, you think he's girly, the camp getout and mannerisms made so much of an impression on you that moving and countering becomes simply "running" and he's denied any kind of credit forevermore.

The section called Boxing History would really be a great place to slay these myths. But, nevermind. Later.

Comment

Originally posted by -TRGB-
                  So, you're saying Camacho wasn't good for boxing,
                  Ray Leonard was good for boxing. Thomas Hearns was good for boxing. Marvin Hagler was good for boxing. Hector Camacho was a boil on boxing's anus.

wasn't an excellent fighter,
                  "Fighter" is hardly the word that comes to mind when Hector Camacho is metioned. Track star is a better description.

never fought tough in his career at 140 (even when taking a whooping)?
                  Running like a b1tch is neither "fighting" nor is it "tough".

How many fights after Rosario could you truthfully say he "ran" in and didn't still show cojones?
                  All of them.

moving and countering becomes simply "running" and he's denied any kind of credit forevermore.
                  Prime Muhammed Ali moved and countered. Wilfred Benitez moved and countered. Antonio Cervantes moved and countered. Camacho took pot-shots and ran like **** (how Fraud Gayweather fights today).

I respect boxers, I do NOT respect pot-shotting runners.

Poet

Comment

As some have already stated, he was an outstanding Jr. Light & Lightweight (it's hard to be sure if this has simply been forgotten at large, or if people have actively chosen to disregard it, as a result of their contempt for him). At those weights, he was a very fine fighter, & at the peak of his fairly formidable powers. However, several factors combined to diminish him --- his outer-ring exploits (Camacho was crazy for the hard-&-fast life), the fight with Rosario which, by his own admission, forever altered his approach to fighting, & being brutalised by Chavez & moving up too high in weight collectively brought his game undone.

Though he did a fair bit of running for both, he still staved off young, hungry versions of bigger men in De La Hoya & Trinidad, the next generation coming through, in 12-round contests, which was at least somewhat impressive.

I will always remember him for the below quote...

"My wife boos when we make love. She knows it turns me on."

Comment

Ok, Camacho was not tough.

All Camacho ever did was run. In every fight from 140 onward. ALL OF THEM. Anyone could do what he did, in fact. He was not Ali, Benitez or Cervantes (ie. ATG or borderline ATG), and so he didn't move and counter and simply get beat by better guys while trying to do it, no, that was all just running. "Like a b1tch".

Camacho also never excited people and so was not good for boxing at all.

Thanks for the clinic.

Comment

Working...
                      X