Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can People STOP Calling Mayweather a PURE BOXER?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can People STOP Calling Mayweather a PURE BOXER?

Some of you people on here are such noobs to boxing. That's the only way to explain this phenomenon.

Howard Davis Jr., Muhammad Ali, SRR to an extent, Pernell Whitaker, SRL sometimes, and Willie Pep are PURE boxers. Which means they'll dance around their opponent, with the jab popping all night. These fighters are not really reflexive fighters, although sometimes they are off the jab.

Mayweather is more of a counterpuncher, he's very unorthodox in that he leads with his right hand a lot, leaps in with the left hook, but sometimes he switches his style completely.

Even Max Kellerman partakes in this stupid phenomenon, grab a boxing book and watch some boxing. Kellerman doesn't know anything about boixng.

Pacquiao is apparently on steroids because he beat Hatton, Cotto, and Clottey... Pacquiao must be on steroids since if the great Mayweather Jr wouldn't step in the ring against Cotto, only a cheater would step in the ring against Cotto. Thats Mayweather Snr.'s logic.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
      Some of you people on here are such noobs to boxing. That's the only way to explain this phenomenon.

Howard Davis Jr., Muhammad Ali, SRR to an extent, Pernell Whitaker, SRL sometimes, and Willie Pep are PURE boxers. Which means they'll dance around their opponent, with the jab popping all night. These fighters are not really reflexive fighters, although sometimes they are off the jab.

Mayweather is more of a counterpuncher, he's very unorthodox in that he leads with his right hand a lot, leaps in with the left hook, but sometimes he switches his style completely.

Even Max Kellerman partakes in this stupid phenomenon, grab a boxing book and watch some boxing. Kellerman doesn't know anything about boixng.
      Oh okay now some guy on a message board defines what a "pure boxer" is for the rest of the planet and HBO commentators. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post

I never understood how Kellerman got that gig anyways.. Someone please educate me on how Kellerman got the job cause to me he talks outta his a$$...

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
          Oh okay now some guy on a message board defines what a "pure boxer" is for the rest of the planet and HBO commentators. Thanks!
          it's true though. You must not know **** about boxing. Let me guess you just got here from Amir Khan's magic carpet?
          Last edited by ILLuminato; 05-25-2010, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
            Pacquiao is apparently on steroids because he beat Hatton, Cotto, and Clottey... Pacquiao must be on steroids since if the great Mayweather Jr wouldn't step in the ring against Cotto, only a cheater would step in the ring against Cotto. Thats Mayweather Snr.'s logic.
            wtf does that have to do with this thread???

And I agree with the TS.........

Mayweather is NOT a pure boxer

Comment

IDK, why hasn't this fight happened yet? It's on my mind too much. Because one fighter out of the blue requests OST when he has been in this sport for 15 years and magically requests it knowing that one fighters doesn't like blood taken from him so early to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                I never understood how Kellerman got that gig anyways.. Someone please educate me on how Kellerman got the job cause to me he talks outta his a$$...
                He had 'Rapper' on his resume........

Comment

The TS is a mayweather hater and is racist against Mexicans and their style of fighting even though they've given out so many FOTY..so many great battles and memories....smh....

Comment

Mayweather is a Pure Boxer yo.

Comment

Working...
                    X