Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler vs GGG. Who would've won both In prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Hagler... went into Philly and fought Monroe, Seals and Briscoe and they were all great tests for a young fighter.
    Ray
    So what is your point here, the location or the age?

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      where that come from???????????
      how did you score it round for round??? A power punch that lands clean is more important than a simple jab

Comment

Massive fan of both. Have said it before and will say it again; prime Hagler (IMO the Sibson fight/around then) beats prime GGG (IMO 2015) in the same way that a faded Hagler beat John Mugabi. Late KO for Hagler, prime GGG would be his equal best win along with Hearns.

Comment

Marvin Hagler would beat Golovkin handily

Comment

haglers best wins are over welterweights and lightweights.

GGG dared to be great and as a small, very small (too small to fight ward at 168) middleweight, he dared to take on the best former light middleweights.

hagler was a coward in comparison

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              Marvin Hagler would beat Golovkin handily
              nope. and its not even close. GGG is going deep in his ass on this one. hagler wont be able to get him out of his ass with GGG's power.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                nope. and its not even close. GGG is going deep in his ass on this one. hagler wont be able to get him out of his ass with GGG's power.
                Hagler is stronger. Golovkin couldnt stop any of his elite oponents. Both never got stopped in their career, but Hagler did stop stronger opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                  Neither would take a few rounds to feel out the other guy. Both take punches well so the one who invests to the body early would have the advantage. GGG has faster footwork and the better jab but Hagler is the more versatile fighter. Hagler was a tough SOB. Hagler UD or late TKO.

Comment

People say hagler is greatercas he has better resume. So I will say GGG beats hagler.
                    The fact GGG beats haglker don't mean GGG is greater.
                    So by end of gggs career he maybe considered greater

Comment

My $$ would be on Hagler, and I'm curious how many people replying to this thread were around back in the 70/80's, I was.

To me the real key is the time frame. When Hagler was doing it the division was a whole different world with the likes of Duran, Hearns, Leonard, plus tough contenders like Mugabi, Hamsho, Antuofermo, Roldan, Minter. GGG's resume looks good on paper, but based on the competition I don't think he would be undefeated if he were fighting during Hagler's period.

With GGG being a "go forward" boxer and Hagler having a good chin and devastating counter hook, I think GGG would have gotten caught and tko'd. Styles make fights & that's my bet, Hagler TKO 6th or 7th.

Comment

Working...
                      X