This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Decent chance of City/Napoli being game of the season tomorrow night. The 2 best football teams in Europe at the moment.

If you watch Madrid/Spurs instead then let it be known you're a fool.
    Bit jelly that you lot have got De Bruyne i do have to admit, the boy is taking it to another level this season.

Fair to say he's top 3 in the world right now? after Messi and Trent Alexander Arnold of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      Bit jelly that you lot have got De Bruyne i do have to admit, the boy is taking it to another level this season.

Fair to say he's top 3 in the world right now? after Messi and Trent Alexander Arnold of course.
      I dunno, he's been brilliant. Silva still has more goals and assists though, feel like he'll forever be overlooked. Genuinely think Silva might be the most underrated PL player ever.

D. Silva consistently brilliant, KDB has his off days where nothing comes off.

How long till Ronaldo falls out of 'top 3' debates? Guy looks to be in major decline now.
      Last edited by El Fenomeno; 10-16-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• I don't Ronaldo will drop out just yet.

People put Hazard in that rung below. Hazard has 5 CL goals for Chelsea and if the team is off he rarely digs Chelsea out of a tough spot. Coutinho is another, and now the ginger prince. None of those players score enough or are consistent enough.

Ronaldo is still so effective.

In terms of what he brings to the team Hazard is below Harry Kane for me now. Because on any given Saturday one of those players is more likely to win the match than the other.

I think Chelsea will sell Hazard soon. Fun player but not a legend or anything and let's Chelsea down with great regularity. And has never performed in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I don't Ronaldo will drop out just yet.

People put Hazard in that rung below. Hazard has 5 CL goals for Chelsea and if the team is off he rarely digs Chelsea out of a tough spot. Coutinho is another, and now the ginger prince. None of those players score enough or are consistent enough.

Ronaldo is still so effective.

In terms of what he brings to the team Hazard is below Harry Kane for me now. Because on any given Saturday one of those players is more likely to win the match than the other.

I think Chelsea will sell Hazard soon. Fun player but not a legend or anything and let's Chelsea down with great regularity. And has never performed in Europe.
          Been a pure poacher for about 5 years though. If he doesn't score he brings nothing to the game. Neymar at least has gone past him now imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
            Been a pure poacher for about 5 years though. If he doesn't score he brings nothing to the game. Neymar at least has gone past him now imo.
            Last season the guy scored SO many important goals.

Ronaldo played 46 game and scored 42 goals last season. Won La Liga and Champions league most notably. Compare that with Neymars 45 games played for 20 goals lol.

Neymars stats will probably look better because he's playing in an AWFUL league with a squad that is far better than everyone else.

If I was making a squad, i'd much rather have Ronaldo because he is the best in the world at what he does and is pretty damn versatile. Neymar definitely is better at building the play and taking on players at this point but he can't score like Ronaldo.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              Last season the guy scored SO many important goals.

Ronaldo played 46 game and scored 42 goals last season. Won La Liga and Champions league most notably. Compare that with Neymars 45 games played for 20 goals lol.

Neymars stats will probably look better because he's playing in an AWFUL league with a squad that is far better than everyone else.

If I was making a squad, i'd much rather have Ronaldo because he is the best in the world at what he does and is pretty damn versatile. Neymar definitely is better at building the play and taking on players at this point but he can't score like Ronaldo.
              He did score some important goals, granted.

Far too much emphasis getting placed on stats though. Numbers aside if you watch Ronaldo play what does he offer, goals aside? He's a poacher. He lays the ball off to the wide man and makes his way into the area to wait for the delivery. He's efficient, yes.

Neymar is now the hub for PSG and Brazil. Everything goes through him. He consistently has a bigger say on a game than Ronaldo, who's impact is judged purely on whether he scored or not. Neymar can affect a game without scoring.

Stats aren't great simply in the sense that if you were to sit and read stats without watching the players play they'd have you believe that Ronaldo could have as much impact on a game as Messi, such is the heavy reliance on pure numerical production. We know that this isn't the case yet people rely so heavily on the stats to back up their case.

Edit: Also, Ronaldo versatile? Surely one of the most one dimensional top class footballers around at the minute. He does 1 thing and 1 thing only.
              Last edited by El Fenomeno; 10-16-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Yep City v Napoli is the match of the week I'm expecting Real to run a train through Tottenham and Liverpool to get a draw

Juventus v Sporting should be interesting too, Lazio slapped them around at Juventus stadium see if Sporting can make it back to back

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Yep City v Napoli is the match of the week I'm expecting Real to run a train through Tottenham and Liverpool to get a draw

Juventus v Sporting should be interesting too, Lazio slapped them around at Juventus stadium see if Sporting can make it back to back
                  yeah 2years+ undefeated record in juventus stadium broke. i'm not worried though, for the last 2 season Allegri have this problem, slow start at the beginning but at the end juve still out of reach their closest competitors. last year this slow start problem give birth to 4-2-3-1 formation and confirmed that Mandzukic is one of the most versatile player in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
                    david silva is the best player in the league he just has the ball under control always
                    Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Agree, Silva is the best in the Prem. Quality player.
                    Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                    I dunno, he's been brilliant. Silva still has more goals and assists though, feel like he'll forever be overlooked. Genuinely think Silva might be the most underrated PL player ever.

D. Silva consistently brilliant, KDB has his off days where nothing comes off.

How long till Ronaldo falls out of 'top 3' debates? Guy looks to be in major decline now.
                    Not by me or my boy engleby, Silva is top class. He's just one of those players though who are so good they make every extraordinary thing which they do on a regular basis throughout the game look so easy.

De Bruyne doe, didn't think he could be this good tbh...Chelsea fans must be well jell right now. What he did to Stoke was ****ing brutal.

Ronaldo will probs stay top 2 for a while yet....he's obviously looked after his body and will remain a great athlete for a while yet. When his body does start going downhill doe can't see him staying at the top then....unlike the goat Messi who will just drop back into midfield and still be the best player in the world without his goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      Not by me or my boy engleby, Silva is top class. He's just one of those players though who are so good they make every extraordinary thing which they do on a regular basis throughout the game look so easy.

De Bruyne doe, didn't think he could be this good tbh...Chelsea fans must be well jell right now. What he did to Stoke was ****ing brutal.

Ronaldo will probs stay top 2 for a while yet....he's obviously looked after his body and will remain a great athlete for a while yet. When his body does start going downhill doe can't see him staying at the top then....unlike the goat Messi who will just drop back into midfield and still be the best player in the world without his goals.
                      Honestly don't think you can have too many Belgians together. It was bedlam when we had loads of them. They're like the Dutch. They all wind each other up. Hazard literally told both Lukaku and Ginger Prince to leave, lol.

Even Charley Musunda Jr appears to be a c.unt. Admittedly he is being kept out by Willian who has contracted football AIDS but still. Pipe down, skinny. We need to hook that lad up to a goose fat IV. Feck the gym. C.unt is almost a myth he's so thin.

I actually actively dislike Teebo too. Average and such a big head. Can't wait until he leaves. He is a big Claudio Bravo. Even when he makes shots he pats them out to the penalty spot. Dunno how big nose thinks he's so great after getting lobbed by Charlie Adam from the halfway line. You never heard Neill Sullivan saying he was the best keeper in the world ffs when Beckham made him look a c.unt.

De Bruyne was a baby at Chelsea. And Jose was box office then. Didn't try the arm shoulder. Didn't feel like he needed too.

But yeah with De Bruyne and Lukaku and you'd think Chelsea would probably dominate.

Comment

Working...
                      X