Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your opinions on gun control laws changed over recent incidents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    What difference did it make?

Murders were higher when it was in affect than after it got repealed.

You guys do realize that this past decade or so 2000s have been are lowest crime and murder rate?

Nationwide murders are lower now than 20,30 yrs ago.
    It's not just about the murder rate or the crime rate.

It's about the availability of weapons designed for military use being available for purchase for non military use and about high capacity magazines that allow people to get off 500-700 rounds in 60-70 seconds in a non military environment.

Comment

It's not just about money.

It's about votes.

Politicians who are anti gun lose.

Except some very liberal areas.

When Clinton assault weapons bill got passed. A lot of ppl lost their seats.

That's why 10 yrs later it didn't get renewed. They got the message.
      Yes they lost, because the NRA and the gun rights lobby was very effective.

I get and respect DreamerUSA's point. I just don't think its right that less than 1.5% of people in the US can influence an issue in such a manner through political donations. The money the NRA donates isn't for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        IDK I think I am just getting numb to all these other Mass shooting but Sandy Hook still has to be the saddest shooting of them all. Really breaks my heart and it still brings a tear to my eye. How evil 1 has to be to hurt children. If this didnt change politicians stances on gun control, neither will Vegas.
        Republicans instead started calling sandy hook a conspiracy, just as they are trying to call this shooting a comspiracy. Straight brainwashed...

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        When Obama got elected and ppl were talking about more gun laws and gun control.

Gun sales skyrocketed to record levels.

Ppl speak louder with money than they do with words.
        Obama actually lowered gun restrictions.

NRA members knew their followers were stupid so they scared them into believing Obama would take all of their guns. It worked, the guns I was planning on buying went up in cost 3x. ammo prices were insane if you could even find what you were looking for.

My god republicans are fcking stupid, "go buy all de gunz! Obama gonna take all our gunz! HuRrrRRR DuuuuRRRRR!"

Fcking idiots....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

It's about the availability of weapons designed for military use being available for purchase for non military use and about high capacity magazines that allow people to get off 500-700 rounds in 60-70 seconds in a non military environment.
          Automatic weapons used to be legal in the USA.

How many mass shootings were committed by automatic weapons back then.....

I've asked it a good 5 times now. Care to answer it sometime this year?

Or is this a question your side simply cannot answer?

Comment

So it's not about murders or crimes.

It's about guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              This is just flat out wrong. In polling its almost a perfect 50-50 split on Americans wanting stricter gun laws. But when you go beyond the general question of stricter gun laws and ask specifics, the support for stricter gun laws nosedives. Don't have time atm to post it but look into the research Pew has done on the subject.
              I am not suggesting that 99% of Americans want gun control. I am saying that the NRA wields a disproportionate amount of influence IMO and that there organization drives way too much of how we address this issue with how they leverage republicans.

Sorry if I wasn't clear homie.

I have looked at the research. Thats why I want to have a real debate about this in Congress. As I said to Zaroku, I don't think his views and mine can't exist together.

I am not against the 2nd amendment. I am not against banning guns.

I just think there are some things we can do to change the gun culture in the society and we can also enact law that does limit the production and sale of military weapons for regular citizens.

I am looking for a compromise, not just to get my way!

Comment

So it's not about murders or crimes.

It's about guns.
                Yes Tua. it is about certain specific weapons designed for military use that are being sold to the public because they were overproduced and the likelihood of them being used in a ground war is not likely. its about high capacity magazines that can get off 500-700 rounds in 70 seconds or less.

it is about the gun culture versus what type of culture we as citizens want. It is about having a fair debate, not one controlled by powerful lobbies. it's about listening to different views and reaching a compromise that protects the 2nd amendment rights as well as the public safety.

It's about what kind of America we the people decide we want.

Comment

Yes Tua. it is about certain specific weapons designed for military use that are being sold to the public because they were overproduced and the likelihood of them being used in a ground war is not likely. its about high capacity magazines that can get off 500-700 rounds in 70 seconds or less.

it is about the gun culture versus what type of culture we as citizens want. It is about having a fair debate, not one controlled by powerful lobbies. it's about listening to different views and reaching a compromise that protects the 2nd amendment rights as well as the public safety.

It's about what kind of America we the people decide we want.
                  Well good luck with that argument.

You were better off talking about murders and crimes as a reason.

Gun culture is not even one of our biggest problems.

We got bigger issues than that

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

I've asked it a good 5 times now. Care to answer it sometime this year?

Or is this a question your side simply cannot answer?
                    I blame the media for this.

Comment

. it is about certain specific weapons designed for military use that are being sold to the public because they were overproduced and the likelihood of them being used in a ground war is not likely. its about high capacity magazines that can get off 500-700 rounds in 70 seconds or less.

Comment

Working...
                      X