Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Doesn't Know Why He Doesn't Get Credit He Deserves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
    He doesn't get credit because he uses a good jab, lateral movement, and doesn't lead with his face taking a lot of punishment. A lot of casuals who know very little about boxing call this running and not real boxing. They expect every boxer to be some blood thirsty slugger with no skill that just throws punches. If these idiots actually trained before they would know that one of the first things they teach you is to hit and not get hit. "Hey just stand in front of your opponent and take punishment to please the crowd" said no boxing trainer ever.

He was getting credit until his level of comp turned in to ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      1. You've never been in an entertaining fight your entire career

2. You've never fought an A-level fighter or anyone near the top of the sport with speed and power, or even just speed

3. You hold, measure with your jab, and duck below the waist to dodge punches, all of which are illegal according to official boxing rules

4. You ducked Lucian Bute and never fought Andre Dirrell when he was good either, preferring to only fight slow European fighters who were tailor made for your style

5. You always make demands of your opponents, such as them fighting in Oakland, but never travel or do those things yourself, and you're generally known as a diva in negotiations, exemplified by you suing the promoter who promoted you to stardom multiple times in an effort to violate a legitimate contract. Even to this day that diva attitude showed up. For example, even though Kovalev-Ward was agreed to for Vegas six months ago, you still tried to change terms at the last minute to have the fight in California, according to reports

Now you know. I don't know why it was necessary for me to explain, since these criticisms are obvious to anyone who isn't biased.
      Lmao, just taking Boxing out your name and replace it with ignorant, yup ignorant logic. Oh and im not referring to the entire post, well because the majority of your post is a butt hole, you know like everybody has one. What im referring to is your lack of boxing knowledge.
      1) you CAN measure with a jab as long as your glove is closed ie; making a fist. Rule was established to prevent thumbing, if you know what thumbing is.
      2) the rule is you cannot bend below the belt line (not waiste) of your opponents trunks, and it must be excessive. The reason why this rule is not called by most refs, is because it is extremely hard for a boxer to dip that low, and it doesn't happen very often. You know what else is illegal, pushing an opponents head down, head locks, arm locks, clinching, pushing, do you see the refs give quick warnings for these? No, why? Because it is only warned if its excessive, and those happen far more than Ward bending to avoid a punch. Oh by the way, jumping and punching while your in the air is also illegal, have you ever seen Pac get warned? Boxing logic? Lmao yeah right!

Comment

• WardvsKovalev

Ward must just shut up and face the fact that some people will never appreciate his boxing skills and ring iq and that even after beating kovalev they'll still hate him cause that's what haters do,they hate

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          It is because so many value "symbolism" over "realism." They can't see that the NYPD violated millions of black and brown people's civil rights with "stop-and-frisk" because those are the guys who ran into the Twin Towers during 911. They can't possibly be the same police force! So if you protest the NYPD, you're protesting America! What's amazing is how so many Americans mourned the death of Muhammad Ali this summer, and so many of the same people would spit on Colin Kaepernick's face today!
          People mourned the death of Ali because he was a spokesman for all people later in his life. Earlier on they were rightfully critical of him. He made many "controversial" statements about race that would be considered racist today if white people said the same thing. He was also a puppet of, I think nation of Islam? As an HBO documentary exposed.

So there's no hypocrisy there. You just forget why people criticized him then, and why they love him now. Both can be fair. He also said he wouldn't keep the name he was born with and one reason was that whites owned slaves, and yet he converted to Islam, a religion of which some members also owned black slaves. That showed he was ignorant about history and easily manipulated about it.

As for stop and frisk, it was based on suspicion, not race. Groups who commit more crimes arouse more suspicion generally. When cops see black dudes walking down the street with prison tattoos on their necks, sagged pants that could be concealing a gun, who smell like dope, they're not going to pick them to stop and frisk because they're black, they're going to pick them to stop because they meet the criteria of someone more likely to be committing a crime.

I don't really like the concept myself, because it's still very "pre-crime" and you're right there are constitutional issues. But to say it's based on race is false. It's based on suspicion and if you don't like that cops are more suspicious of black people on average, the only way to change that is for black people to stop committing a disproportionate amount of crime. You brought up New York, well 79% of the suspects who fired on NYPD officers in 2012 were black; 5% were white. You can find the info at www.nyc.gov. So of course the NYPD is more suspicious of black people on average, just like Jesse Jackson admitted he was. That's not being racist, it's being rational. When I see a lion the street, I'm more afraid of it biting me than when I see a kitten. That doesn't mean I hate lions lol. I just know way more lions have fatally bitten people the last 10 years than kittens, and so I know I am more at risk when I see a lion.

The human mind has evolved with survival instincts. It is built to identify dangerous situations and circumstances of elevated risk level. That's how humans were able to survive in the wild before electricity or anything else. You can't blame the NYPD for recognizing that black ex-cons walking the street at night are more of a threat, on average, than a 90 year old upper class white lady with no priors out walking her dogs, when they know most of their partners who have been killed or shot at were killed or shot at by people more often resembling the former than the latter.

I mean isn't that just common sense? When did common sense become racism? It is important to note that most black people, as well as white people, are good people, and not criminals, which is why I don't like the idea of stop and frisk in the first place. Just don't act like blacks are stopped more because of race--it's because more blacks shoot at police in New York, by far. It's because more blacks in New York are in gangs, and so on. I don't judge anyone who is in a gang, you can still be a good person, I'm just stating facts. It's not about race, it's about disproportionate levels of crime within certain groups, and elevated risks to cops and the community as a result.
          Last edited by Boxing Logic; 09-08-2016, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Andre has to understand, in this age of multiple champions in every division and 15 weight classes, people have a lot to chose from. Fans demand more now after watching so many multiple weight class Titleist's. It's not enough to dominate, he has to overcome adversity, he has to beat the man, not just some men. I'll tell who won't get any credit. Even if he Knocks Kell into next week. GGG will just be a bully. Ward beats Kovalev and he'll be held in high regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
              He was getting credit until his level of comp turned in to ****.
              That wasn't his fault. That's why he moved up cause either guys at super middle weren't good enough or didn't want to fight him.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                That wasn't his fault. That's why he moved up cause either guys at super middle weren't good enough or didn't want to fight him.

Fighting **** comp might not have been his fault but he still fought them and the reason for not getting that much credit recently. It has nothing to do with all the BS you were spewing about being face first or all this.

I haven't seen to many negative threads on ward since stepping up to KOV.
                This only blew up because ward wants everything 100% even against those **** match ups.
                Last edited by Francis M.; 09-08-2016, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Because he's boring and has no charisma.

It isn't fair, however, it is what it is; You can be a great fighter, but if you don't have an exciting style, an exciting personality or "It", then you won't be a star or even get the full credit that you deserve.

Comment

• Andre Ward gets far more credit than he deserves.

Without his illegal tactics, he's a very ordinary fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
                      Fighting **** comp might not have been his fault but he still fought them and the reason for not getting that much credit recently. It has nothing to do with all the BS you were spewing about being face first or all this.

I haven't seen to many negative threads on ward since stepping up to KOV.
                      This only blew up because ward wants everything 100% even against those **** match ups.
                      It has a lot to do with that. A lot of haters call his style boring to watch because he's not a blood thirsty puncher with no boxing fundamentals. His style has often compared to Mayweather, which haters say all he does is run and hug, which is ignorant because he outlands his opponents in every fight, except for the first Castillo fight. While his level competition has met criticism, his fighting style has as well. Its crazy nowadays that people wants EVERY opponent a fighter face to be a considerable threat. No fighter in history has faced difficult fights EVERY time they fought somebody. Every fighter has they're share of not so good fighters on their resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X