Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Blasts Out Solomon Haumono, Ready For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parkers a damn good hw one of the best around hes got fast hands a good solid jab when he uses it , and good combinations hes got a great shot with aj as hes fought nothing that really fought back , parker will put up a good fight I think his chin was tested vs takim and held up whereas ajs chin I think is suspect as is his stamina we just don't know how aj will respond when tested yet, I can see either fighters winning but I just have a hunch parker is underestimated if he was American and fought in the states he would be hyped way way more.

Comment

I don't see any of the heavyweights displaying finishing techniques off their combinations! They throw shots then just stand there observing as if every punch will win the fight.
      I like this kid he has promise but his defense is not very good and he works more like a sparring partner in his fights. He moves the same speed and throws the same speed as his opponents do. He needs to get more animated
      and take charge and keep his hands up.
      Good looking kid but his people need to find better gym work so he can't "walk through" his sessions.
      Ray

Comment

IF I was representing Parker, I would not be rushing him into a title fight.

IMO, he has talent (good speed, some power, reasonable command of the basics) but I'd like to see him in another 3-4 fights against top 10 quality opponents to knock off the rough edges and to give him a look at different approaches

After all, he is just 24 and has only had 19 fights

IMO, there seems to be a rush to get to Joshua before he fully develops but that might not be the best way of playing it

Comment

Nothing impressive really ,how do you judge a top rated fighter vs an opponent they are supposssed to look extremely well against,and he didn't. He was hit by numerous right hands and stayed one pace as usual. His trainers will get the big pay day but Parker will be starting from square one when Joshua rolls him. Maybe hes playing the " im not that good game" and will show us a different fighter ? If not he needs to change camps and get trainers who know what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            I don't see any of the heavyweights displaying finishing techniques off their combinations! They throw shots then just stand there observing as if every punch will win the fight.
            I like this kid he has promise but his defense is not very good and he works more like a sparring partner in his fights. He moves the same speed and throws the same speed as his opponents do. He needs to get more animated
            and take charge and keep his hands up.
            Good looking kid but his people need to find better gym work so he can't "walk through" his sessions.
            Ray
            yeah your right ray good points you know your boxing , the main issue I see is defense he can get sloppy and open to shots he shouldn't be getting hit with , maybe he needs more seasoning he is very young.

Comment

Ugh, Parker looked really flat and unmotivated in this one. I don't know if he's hit his ceiling or isn't getting the right sort of camps, but his level of development is not what I had hoped for at this stage. Based on this and his last fight I'd pick Joshua to beat him handily, and I've never said that before.

Parker has major talent but he also has a ton of flaws that are going to get him in trouble unless they're ironed out. If I was him I'd stay far away from Joshua until he gets more experience under his belt. Unfortunately, Parker's handlers seem like total idiots, so they'll probably rush him into the fight and get him flattened.

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
                parkers a damn good hw one of the best around hes got fast hands a good solid jab when he uses it , and good combinations hes got a great shot with aj as hes fought nothing that really fought back , parker will put up a good fight I think his chin was tested vs takim and held up whereas ajs chin I think is suspect as is his stamina we just don't know how aj will respond when tested yet, I can see either fighters winning but I just have a hunch parker is underestimated if he was American and fought in the states he would be hyped way way more.
                That may be so but it doesn't make him any less unprepared than he currently is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kesslerfan#1 View Post
                  Fair call...but if Parker gets him into round 6 it means he is going alright for a start!
                  That is true!

Comment

Working...
                  X