Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will Anthony Joshua bring in a new fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will Anthony Joshua bring in a new fanbase?

We all know Pacquiao revolutionized boxing in the Philippines by bring in tons of new fans and grow the popularity of Boxing in the Philippines which then creates a wave of new boxing talent from the Philippines in the future. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr did the same with Mexicans,Oscar De la Hoya did the same with Mexican-Americans,and Muhammad Ali did the same with Black-Americans.

Will Anthony Joshua do the same with Black-British?Will this bring in a new wave of Black-European fighters? Thoughts?

Originally posted by Anthony Joshua View Post
    We all know Pacquiao revolutionized boxing in the Philippines by bring in tons of new fans and grow the popularity of Boxing in the Philippines which then creates a wave of new boxing talent from the Philippines in the future. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr did the same with Mexicans,Oscar De la Hoya did the same with Mexican-Americans,and Muhammad Ali did the same with Black-Americans.

Will Anthony Joshua do the same with Black-British?Will this bring in a new wave of Black-European fighters? Thoughts?
    I know David Haye lead to a large increase in interest for boxing by younger fans.

I'm sure Joshua will have a similar effect, Only problem is Joshua has the personality of a duck. But still, he should be a dominating heavyweight, far far better than haye was.

Comment

Their is around 5 million Blacks in the UK and around 20 million Blacks around Europe. I am guessing I'm not sure doe....

Comment

"Black-European"? Wtf?

There have been several very successful black British fighters throughout history.

Joshua has the potential to be a crossover star. I don't know what his race particularly has to do with it.

Comment

Europe is also getting tons of African Refugees & Immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            "Black-European"? Wtf?

There have been several very successful black British fighters throughout history.

Joshua has the potential to be a crossover star. I don't know what his race particularly has to do with it.
            I mean people of Sub-Saharan African Origin living in Europe mostly Western Europe.

Amir Khan has a huge Pakistani following by Fellow Pakistani in the UK & abroad same will happen with Anthony Joshua who is 3/4 Nigerian.

Blacks in UK have already taken over football/soccer. It's only a matter of time before they start taking over Boxing in the UK.
            Last edited by Anthony Joshua; 11-03-2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Joshua View Post
              I mean people of Sub-Saharan African Origin living in Europe mostly Western Europe.

Amir Khan has a huge Pakistani following by Fellow Pakistani in the UK & abroad same will happen with Anthony Joshua who is 3/4 Nigerian.

Blacks in UK have already taken over football/soccer. It's only a matter of time before they star taking over Boxing in the UK.
              Taking over? Have you not heard of Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn, Frank Bruno Lennox Lewis?

You're talking like Black UK boxers are some kind of rare breed.

Amir Khan brought a new fanbase (unfortunately lol) because there haven't been any successful Pakistani-British boxers. None that I know of anyway.

Comment

the blacks wont jump on his bandwagon until much much later, basically right before hes set to become a champ.

thats what they do,,, they only show up once you have a little money

they will rush in and start proclaiming that all the white joshua fans who have been there all along are racist and dont want a black man to be the champ, even though they have been there since day 1

they will try to infiltrate joshuas camp to turn him against the loyal advisors hes had forever using race as the reason.,

if joshua falls for it, his career will spiral into oblivion and the blacks will play victim and blame the white man for hating on him

then they will move onto the next

Comment

I doubt it. England already has numerous good black boxers. He will have lots of fans if he keeps winning but they won't be new fans.

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
                    the blacks wont jump on his bandwagon until much much later, basically right before hes set to become a champ.

thats what they do,,, they only show up once you have a little money

they will rush in and start proclaiming that all the white joshua fans who have been there all along are racist and dont want a black man to be the champ, even though they have been there since day 1

they will try to infiltrate joshuas camp to turn him against the loyal advisors hes had forever using race as the reason.,

if joshua falls for it, his career will spiral into oblivion and the blacks will play victim and blame the white man for hating on him

then they will move onto the next
                    What?

F#K off

Comment

Working...
                    X