Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
    2005 fighter of the year
    lineal 140 for 5 yrs NO ONE ****ED WITH HIM

the fact he is by far the most popular fighter maybe ever might get him in alone

think ab it what fighter do we know of that can get 35k ppl to fly across the planet to come see them fight ???????????????
    twice ?!?
    He's one of the most likable guys in the sport but I don't see it, as much as I want to I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Ehhhh I don't know. I think others like Castillo and Corrales had better wins than he did.

People downplay the Tszyu win though. Tszyu had come back and beaten Mitchell, and moved himself right back to #3 P4P and hadn't lost in forever. That was a big win. Hatton also had other wins over Collazo, Urango, Lazcano, and Malignaggi, which were all decent/solid wins over Top 10 fighters. He also had other alright wins over Tackie and Maussa. Those guys weren't world beaters, but they were Top 10 at 140 when Hatton beat them.

Hatton's resume and wins really aren't that much different than Tszyu, who got into the HOF on his first ballot.
      What are you talking about? Tsyzu had been plagued with injury and hadn't fought once in 2 and a half years, he was old and very clearly past it. The fact he hadn't lost in a long time doesn't mean anything at all, he was old and fighting infrequently, Ali hadn't lost in a long time against Spinks the first time doesn't mean he wasn't a shell of his former self. Tsyzu wasn't even really a good win. Collazo was a better fighter than Tsyzu when each fought Hatton, respectively.

Comment

Yes right next to Sylvester Stallone.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
          2005 fighter of the year
          lineal 140 for 5 yrs NO ONE ****ED WITH HIM
          the fact he is by far the most popular fighter maybe ever might get him in alone

think ab it what fighter do we know of that can get 35k ppl to fly across the planet to come see them fight ???????????????
          twice ?!?
          Actually 4 years and no wonder noone ****ed with him, he didn't fight anyone good.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            In my opinion, bringing in tons of money and fans isn't enough to be in the HOF.
            I agree. Im a big Hatton fan....But i dont think HOF is worthy due to ticket sales. I wish everyone could, but it dont work that way!
            Plus...HOF dont mean hes discredited as a fighter. Hes a great fighter!

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              What are you talking about? Tsyzu had been plagued with injury and hadn't fought once in 2 and a half years, he was old and very clearly past it. The fact he hadn't lost in a long time doesn't mean anything at all, he was old and fighting infrequently, Ali hadn't lost in a long time against Spinks the first time doesn't mean he wasn't a shell of his former self. Tsyzu wasn't even really a good win. Collazo was a better fighter than Tsyzu when each fought Hatton, respectively.
              Really??? Tszyu came back in November 2004 and beat Mitchell in a rematch and stopped him in 3 rounds. Mitchell was still the #1 JWW besides the RING champ Tszyu. Prior to that, Tszyu beat Urkal who was a Top 10 JWW, Judah who was the #2 JWW, Tackie who was a Top 10 JWW, Leija who was a Top 10 JWW, and Mitchell again like I stated above.

Tszyu was also the #3 P4P in the world when Hatton beat him, and this was also a time when people really wanted to see Floyd-Tsyzu as Floyd was looking to fight the winner of that fight.

So don't tell me that wasn't a big win for Hatton, it was. It may not have been the best Tszyu, but Tszyu was still a highly regarded fighter at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Really??? Tszyu came back in November 2004 and beat Mitchell in a rematch and stopped him in 3 rounds. Mitchell was still the #1 JWW besides the RING champ Tszyu. Prior to that, Tszyu beat Urkal who was a Top 10 JWW, Judah who was the #2 JWW, Tackie who was a Top 10 JWW, Leija who was a Top 10 JWW, and Mitchell again like I stated above.

Tszyu was also the #3 P4P in the world when Hatton beat him, and this was also a time when people really wanted to see Floyd-Tsyzu as Floyd was looking to fight the winner of that fight.

So don't tell me that wasn't a big win for Hatton, it was. It may not have been the best Tszyu, but Tszyu was still a highly regarded fighter at the time.
                I meant to write 'had only' not 'hadn't', my bad. it doesn't matter that he did that before.

Comment

i dont think so.

Comment

Sylvester Stallone is in the hall of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMARS View Post
                      Yes right next to Sylvester Stallone.
                      Originally posted by croz View Post
                      Sylvester Stallone is in the hall of fame.
                      Stallone opened the floodgates for everybody to get in the HOF.

Comment

Working...
                      X