As it stands who had a better career Fury or Bowe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    Ok^^^^^^^^^^
    I wasn’t trying to be rude or anything but I just think Fury has clearly had the better career. Becoming a two time lineal HW champion is a huge accolade historically, I think only Ali, Patterson, Lewis Foreman and Holyfield are the only other HW’s to do that. Also both wins coming on the road is hugely impressive. Fury is unquestionably the #1 HW of his era, Bowe was never that guy.

If you were comparing resume, I think Bowe probably takes it but in terms of who had the better career it’s Fury all day.
    Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 04-06-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I wasn’t making a statement. I was just asking for YOUR opinion. It seems like you are kinda on the fence.
      It's because it's up in the air. At that point both men would have had very good careers but haven't fulfilled enough by the end of it, Fury in particular has a thin resumé outside of his elite wins. Thing is Bowe just has a larger number of good wins on top of his elite wins so I'll have to pick him. I could've made it clearer I was leaning that way.

Comment

Fury's had the better career because Bowe was basically done at 28.

But on his absolute best night, Bowe was better and him beating Holyfield twice is better than anything that Fury has done.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
          It's painfully obvious that YDKSAB.

Bowe won the Lineal title when he defeated Evander Holyfield.
          Dude. I am not going to sit here saying I going to remember every single lineal champions or even do a quick google search either. That’s why I have you guys.

Boxing doesn’t pay my bills so I don’t give a f what you think mr Mayweather lol.

Ahh ok.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            whats this new fury craze around here? they act like this guy has a resume like Ali or Holyfield....he literally beat 2 top 5 heavyweights his entire career and the rest were club fighters or fringe contenders
            Fury craze not even. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              Bowe beat Holyfield, who beat Dougless who beat tyson who unified and aired out heavyweight....yes bowe was lineal and also picked up the wbo as well
              Gotcha. I think resume wise yes Bowe is better , skill wise he is also better.

Overall career ? fury !

Comment

FUry fury fury all day

Comment

Dude. I am not going to sit here saying I going to remember every single lineal champions or even do a quick google search either. That’s why I have you guys.

Boxing doesn’t pay my bills so I don’t give a f what you think mr Mayweather lol.

Ahh ok.
                  Well, since you have us, then please listen when we're trying to educate you. There are a few of us around here who actually aren't trolls and who love the sport.

Comment

Bowe had a good career minus him not fighting Lennox. His fights with Holyfield were great.

Was Bowe ever a lineal champion ? It’s hard for me to give him over Fury.
                    Yes, the first time he beat Holyfield. He split the belts after that and lost the rematch to Holyfield.

Comment

One's the greatest Heavyweight of all time, the other probably wasn't even the best Heavyweight during any full year of his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X