No announcement yet.

Now we know why GGG wanted no part of Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    no..im saying...how do we know a 30 year old canelo, fully acclimated to the division, wouldnt beat a 30 year old golovkin? we dont....we wont......how do you know canelo hasnt peaked yet or fully adapted to fighting MW's?

like i said...canelo gave golovkin too much respect in the first fight...2nd he did not....he gave him much respect because canelo didnt know if he was truly the killer everyone thought golovkin was...and he didnt know if he could take golovkins punches....2nd fight he wasnt afraid of golovkin....how do you know that a 30 year old canelo in 2 years isnt an even better MW than the one we saw saturday?

and im not basing everything off a 36 year old golovkin...but how good he really was years earlier? we dont know because the guys he fought were/are kinda trash
    We’ll never know if a 30 yr old GGG can beat a 30 year old Canelo. That’s up for fantasy fights and we will soon see that version of Canelo to gauge as well.
    What we do know now is a 36 year old version of him competed with a near prime or prime at most Canelo. And what we can only grasp logically is age matters in this sport, and we don’t get to reverse the process.
    I’m not saying the difference would be night and day but there’s almost 0% as history says that a fighter is better at 36 than they were at 28-32.

It’s not a sure win in any case, but with all logic and comprehension it points to him doing better at 28-32. 99.9% percent give or take of boxers are better at 28-32 than there were at 36.

So you’re implying Golovkin ain’t one the case? To fit an agenda?
    Hell even 3 years is a long time in boxing let alone 6.

Comment

[QUOTE=Curt Henning;19120973]
      Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

i know you dont wanna take the word of golovkins message board fans...but when his resume was questioned they said "dont judge him yet...he still has plenty of time...he hasnt been in wars...he stays in great shape he could prob fight till his late 30s/40s"....this is what many of them said when his resume was picked apart

the minute he started struggling they cried hes old....yeah i do get it...nobody is the same at 36 as they are at 30....but its no excuse....just as golovkins fans predicted canelos head on a stick after the first one...they ran their mouths again(although much less because some deep down saw what was coming and already began making excuses beforehand)......and now they wanna cry age

golovkin didnt get old...he ran into better competition...one who is a pretty good fighter...and another who is a very good fighter who is peaking/on the rise and was coming up in weight and gave him too much respect(canelo did fear golovkins legend a bit the first time).....

Those are fan boy comments, I am a big fan of pacquiao myslefnand I know he’s not prime at 33 anymore and long accepted it.

Let’s just stick to what we know then.

At least 90% of boxers approached their physical prime at age 28-32? Check. Yes most of them

Most fighters are past their best at 36, let alone offensive ones? Check. Yes almost all of them

Did Golovkin at 36 able to compete with a 28yr old Canelo? Check. Yes he did

Now where does all that facts point? Doing worse at your prime or doing better(at whatever degree)?

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
        Can you imagine what Ward would had done to the limited fighter? It would had been murder. Canelo busted up his face, wondering how his face would had looked after a Ward fight.

The diary of a 3g diehard fan
        2009-2010 "I tink Ward is avoiding 3G"
        In reality, Ward wins first elite bout in his first title fight, is in a completely different division to 3G, and noone knows who 3G is outside being a mobile phone service

2011 "HA! See - Ward is avoiding GGG!"
        Meanwhile Ward is unifying SMW beating 2 elites in one year.
        3G has 3 years to go before he is awarded his first title outside the ring.

2012 "HA! Ward is still avoiding GGG!"
        Whilst Ward has moved on to stopping the top elite LHW, and meanwhile 3G has yet to win a title.

2013 "I knew it! Ward is still running from 3G"
        Whilst Ward is all but undisputed SMW king and 3G still has ....nothing.

2014 "HA! I see Ward avoids 3G for 3rd year running!"
        Ward, sitting in hospital recovering from surgery, notices 3G for the first time, due to the fact that 3G is given his first world title outside the ring.
        "Wierd...I had to beat elites for each of mine" thinks Andre but instantly forgets it as he prepares his court case and comeback fight.

2015 Ward returns to ring, 3G wins his first world title in an actual bout, crushing the diminutive but dour slugger Lemieux.
        Pertinently, they are now both 2 divisions apart from each other so cannot be in avoidance of the other, except in the mind of a nutjob.

2016-2018 Ward defeats elite LHW P4P Kovie twice, his 6th elite win.
        Meanwhile, 7 years after Ward ripped up his first elite, 3G faces his first elite of his career, and cannot win. Ward retires.

"Hahah! I told you Ward was avoiding 3G all along! I was right mommie!"

GGG: 'Andre Ward is too much for me'

Well done!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Curt Henning;19120973]
          Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

i know you dont wanna take the word of golovkins message board fans...but when his resume was questioned they said "dont judge him yet...he still has plenty of time...he hasnt been in wars...he stays in great shape he could prob fight till his late 30s/40s"....this is what many of them said when his resume was picked apart

the minute he started struggling they cried hes old....yeah i do get it...nobody is the same at 36 as they are at 30....but its no excuse....just as golovkins fans predicted canelos head on a stick after the first one...they ran their mouths again(although much less because some deep down saw what was coming and already began making excuses beforehand)......and now they wanna cry age

golovkin didnt get old...he ran into better competition...one who is a pretty good fighter...and another who is a very good fighter who is peaking/on the rise and was coming up in weight and gave him too much respect(canelo did fear golovkins legend a bit the first time).....
          This are just universally accepted facts for me. And not in any way said to downplay Canelo’s victory.

He beat a very solid champion for a long time in GGG. He beat the man in good fashion despite being a close fight.

But yet again, we don’t get to reverse the process.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            Which other fighter? Hmm, didn't Ward move up to light heavy and fight the #1 guy in the perceived killer Kovalev? Just sayin.....
            Really? Didn't Ward fight 3 bums first before fighting Kovalev? And you want GGG to fight Ward straight away?

And did Ward move up to challenge himself, or he can't simply no longer make the weight? Stop fooling yourselves doe.

Comment

Those are fan boy comments, I am a big fan of pacquiao myslefnand I know he’s not prime at 33 anymore and long accepted it.

Let’s just stick to what we know then.

At least 90% of boxers approached their physical prime at age 28-32? Check. Yes most of them

Most fighters are past their best at 36, let alone offensive ones? Check. Yes almost all of them

Did Golovkin at 36 able to compete with a 28yr old Canelo? Check. Yes he did

Now where does all that facts point? Doing worse at your prime or doing better(at whatever degree)?

Comment

This are just universally accepted facts for me. And not in any way said to downplay Canelo’s victory.

He beat a very solid champion for a long time in GGG. He beat the man in good fashion despite being a close fight.

But yet again, we don’t get to reverse the process.

Comment

Would have made no money and been robbed by the officials (just ask Kov)...at least fighting Canelo, Golovkin got rich.

Comment

Working...
                  X