**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change the title to ***OFFICIAL LOB CITY THRED**

Comment

• The Lakers suck , I'm glad they are out of the playoffs. Hopefully Kobe retires and they suck for the rest of eternity.

Comment

• To make matters worse, lakers be the team to pop the second round virgins cherry. Or would that be the team the spurs face on round 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          change the title to ***OFFICIAL LOB CITY THRED**

Why? You guys are choking away a 2-0 lead. Should have lost game 2. Since then y'all been sliding.

Comment

• They'll be a different team next year, trust me.

Comment

• They could trade Kobe for Tyler Hansbrough and rebuild around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                I don't think Howard will resign with the LAL. I think deep down inside, he knows that Kobe won't be half the player that he once was, Nash will continue to get older and more fragile, Pau isn't motivated and no longer plays as an elite player, and MWP will be MWP.
                NONE of that matters.

kobe and pau is off the books next year.

ron will be gone this year, either opt out to free agency or amnesty.

nash is gone year after next.

shortsighted ppl think lakers can't rebuild.

truth is lakers rebuilding plans started 3-4 years ago.

they PLANNED all lakers contracts to end 2014 for 2014 free agent class.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Do you think he is really needed though?

Sure dwight is a stud but unless we do a lakers 00-03. Where it was shaq and shooters. Idk if dwight is necessary.

Don't get me wrong because we could trade him (if he re-signed) and screw ourselves by setting him up with a nice outfit like okc. But I'm not seeing the importance of him unless we mail in next season for the sole purpose of going dwight and a bunch of shooters.

Idk if phil is returning but if he doesn't things looks grim for next season.
                  ALL lakers plans is 2014 free agency.

whether dwight or kobe are part of those plans depends on them.

dwight want to walk? fine. just means more cap space 2014.

with or withour kobe past 2014, lakers save $15-30 million. the new cba max is HALF of what kobe makes now. even more if kobe takes less than max.

2014 is the year of the lakers.

the most storied, most glamourous franchise in the nba will have cap room with a $3 billion (BILLION) dollar tv deal.

Comment

• Curious, how do Laker fans feel about the Howard/Bynum switch now? Injuries not counting, did Howard make the Lakers better than Bynum?

Opinions guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Why? You guys are choking away a 2-0 lead. Should have lost game 2. Since then y'all been sliding.
                      Don't worry we will do our best to hold Staples down in your absence. Better luck next year...

Comment

Working...
                      X