No announcement yet.

PBC on FOX - Dec 8 @ Barclays?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBC on FOX - Dec 8 @ Barclays?

With the Wilder-Fury fiasco looking like it's coming to fruition now with a supposedly Dec 1 date at the Staples Center. There is another show that needs to be made. The first PBC Show as part of the new deal takes place in December. And the Barclays is the first official home for the PBC with their first event in December also. Put 1 and 1 together and that comes up to a Dec 8 Barclays show (unless they decide on Dec 22 ...)

Yesterday I seen a post about a proposed Keith Thurman vs Zab Judah fight at the Barclays. Makes sense, Zab is a home grown fighter and Keith hasn't fought in 2 years.
    That can possibly be a co-main event to an Errol Spence-Mikey Garcia fight. Or Errol vs someone else.

We'll see.
    Last edited by MasterPlan; 10-09-2018, 08:18 PM. Reason: Date change

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    With the Wilder-Fury fiasco looking like it's coming to fruition now with a supposedly Dec 1 date at the Staples Center. There is another show that needs to be made. The first PBC Show as part of the new deal takes place in December. And the Barclays is the first official home for the PBC with their first event in December also. Put 1 and 1 together and that comes up to a Dec 8 Barclays show (unless they decide on Dec 22 ...)

Yesterday I seen a post about a proposed Keith Thurman vs Zab Judah fight at the Barclays. Makes sense, Zab is a home grown fighter and Keith hasn't fought in 2 years.
    That can possibly be a co-main event to an Errol Spence-Mikey Garcia fight. Or Errol vs someone else.

We'll see.
    Lomachenko-Pedraza unification is on Dec 8 at MSG. I doubt PBC wants to go up head to head in the same area. I also saw on Twitter that Zab definitely isn't fighting Thurman and that Thurman will probably be on Wilder-Fury

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      Lomachenko-Pedraza unification is on Dec 8 at MSG. I doubt PBC wants to go up head to head in the same area. I also saw on Twitter that Zab definitely isn't fighting Thurman and that Thurman will probably be on Wilder-Fury
      I doubt PBC is worried about Loma at MSG if a top PBC name is headlining. The only other date availabe is Dec 22 and I don't know with being a few days away from Christmas how that'll do.

Comment

I doubt PBC is worried about Loma at MSG if a top PBC name is headlining. The only other date availabe is Dec 22 and I don't know with being a few days away from Christmas how that'll do.
        You often can't avoid head-to-head fights.

But against Loma? That wouldn't end well for PBC.

Comment

Rest of the YEAR is a gangbang.. No doubt fights are gonna overlap eachother.
          (PBC has nothing to fear with 97k Jr.)

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
            You often can't avoid head-to-head fights.

But against Loma? That wouldn't end well for PBC.
            It will be fine if they put a headliner name.

The ratings are going to be skewed for the ESPN card anyways since it will take place immediately after the Heisman trophy presentation similar to Spence/Bundu taking place after the Gold Medal game.

Comment

Thurman>>>> 97k jr.

Comment

PS - This is just a guess. But I was just putting 1 and 1 together from the previous press releases.

Comment

They don't have to do Barclays. They can do some other venue. They wouldn't want to go up against Loma in NY especially when Loma is facing a Rican.

They can do PA, or L.A. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    They don't have to do Barclays. They can do some other venue. They wouldn't want to go up against Loma in NY especially when Loma is facing a Rican.

They can do PA, or L.A. etc.
                    Press release from 2 weeks ago said in December PBC will have a show at Barclays. The only Sats available in Dec at Barclays are 8th and 22nd.

Comment

Working...
                    X