Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't there that many White American Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    It is a bit of a puzzle - I mean I can buy into the genetics argument a bit but at the end of the day boxing is foremost a technical sport... with the right training and dedication I'm struggling to see why 200 mil white Americans can't field any world class boxers when 40 mil Ukrainians can get the Klitschkos, Loma and Usyk and 65 mil Brits have got 4 current white world champs(even if they are all frankly not very good)... Hell even a good brawler can have some success but the best the paler US citizens seem to be able to manage is a construction worker.

Maybe dedication is more of the issue here like you say - and perseverance... which then begs the question why these guys are just less willing to grind out the hours and go the extra mile than some of their European counterparts.

Oh yeah. And cheers for the civil reply, man. From what I've read of your posts you seem to have considerably more personal experience of the sport than most on here and I wasn't wanting to get in a pissing contest, just to get your take on some ****.
    One of the big things the Eastern Block has that our Boxing forefathers had was hunger. Life wasn't as easy back in the day as it currently is for America. Blacks always got it tougher so they excel, whiteboys got it super easy now. These teen whiteboys ain't got no job, I was working as a child. You had to if you wanted spending money.

Today's fighters for the most-part are sub-par compared to prior years and that's exactly why Hopkins did so good for so long.

Pascal and those cats blow, I mean --- Hopkins was good but not the best of his generation. Definite 3rd stringer. Ok he had MW defenses, but that was a bad time for MW's.

After he lost to Jones he changed his style big time, stayed in perfect shape, and by the time he got older and the new guard came in he was finally first fiddle.

Life isn't that easy for the Eastern Block so they're kind of getting that missing ingredient that West doesn't have as much of anymore. They're less skilled, but really dedicated and got a ton of guts.

Life is too easy for whiteboys in the US. They ain't cut from the same cloth fighters were cut from 30 years ago.

The Brits got champs because the home-cook over there. A lot of their fighters just fight in the UK and rarely get over the pond. It's a business and they know how to make a lot of cash. If you get the chance, look at the net worth of some of the past UK champs. Filthy rich.

The trolls can be tollsome so I put some bite in my bark. If I get a civil tone, I'll keep it going.
    Last edited by McNulty; 10-03-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X