Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Bowe want to take revenge against Lewis for his loss in 1988?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
    Ah but here's some reality you conveniently avoid. Holyfield was past his prime and still could have got the decision against Lewis in the rematch. Prime Holyfield was knocked down a few times by Bowe and was knocked out in the 3rd battle.
    Golota would have been stopped by Lewis at anytime no doubt. Bowe was already washed up mentally and physically when he fought Golota. Lewis would have beat that version of Bowe.
    Lewis was a smarter person and had a better career than Bowe, but would not have beat Bowe when Bowe was champion. Bowe had a better chin, could fight on the inside, and was tougher, he could do it all as he proved 3 times against Holyfield. Because Lewis was slow and had no chin he would have been hurt the first time Bowe would have landed a big punch.
    You've conveniently forgotten about Rahman and Oliver McCall.

I wished Lewis fought Tyson in 1988, they were the same age. I wished Lewis felt the George Foreman jab. We were robbed of some great fights in the 90's.
    I like Lennox, he was a great fighter and a class act. Bowe was not a class act.
    Best version of Lewis with Emanuel Steward in his corner beats any version of Bowe or Tyson in 9 times out of 10!

Facts!

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      Bowe avoided lewis...bowe lost to lewis ..the 3rd fight holyfield had bowe down and out but never finished him.....lewis had by far the better record out of bowe,holyfield and tyson when there records were finished...wishful thinking by your part will never get over the fact that lewis had bowes number and thats why he threw his belt...lewis is the best since muhammad ali and his record proves it
      McCall lands and Lewis crumbles. Rahman lands and Lewis is starched. Prime Bowe lands,,,,,,you know what would have happened.

That doesn't take away the fact that Lewis has the best record since Ali. That is fact, no argument on that.

Comment

Working...
      X