Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the greatest display of pure boxing skill you have ever witnessed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the greatest display of pure boxing skill you have ever witnessed?

I was thinking about this and couldn't even come close to coming up with one. I loved Pernell Whitakers display against Julio Chavez along with Terry Norris display against Donald Curry but feel there is better displays

Live with my own eyes... Tough to say one,,, but the ones that stick out are

hopkins vs tito
    floyd vs everyone
    pernell vs everyone
    winky vs tito
    calzaghe vs lacy
    toney vs barkley
    toney vs peter 1 I thought toney got robbed
    hearns vs hill

Comment

I watched Floyd vs Gatti on Saturday

classic performance by the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

hopkins vs tito
        floyd vs everyone
        pernell vs everyone
        winky vs tito
        calzaghe vs lacy
        toney vs barkley
        hearns vs hill
        The bold, almost surreal man!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

hopkins vs tito
          floyd vs everyone
          pernell vs everyone
          winky vs tito
          calzaghe vs lacy
          toney vs barkley
          hearns vs hill
          Some great ones there. If you had to pick one of the ones you listed, what would you choose?

Comment

Too many to name but one of my favorites is James Toney vs. Vassily Jirov

Comment

I have 5

1) Mayweather vs Gatti...I think Gatti landed 2 clean punches in 6 rounds....this is the best Mayweather we ever witnessed. Sharp punching, defense, counters, speed, jab, and killer instinct

2) James Toney vs Iran Barkley....Man all those clean shots were sick and he stood right in front of Barkely

3) Roy Jones vs. James Toney...idc about the weight issues, thats more of a discipline issue, which regardless he could have had a marathon runners stamina and JOnes would have still boxed his ears off

4) Willie Pep vs Saddler, some may feel it should be higher but I didnt catch the whole fight but what I did see considering it was after a kayo loss, a airplane crash, and fighting one of the prolific punchers ever was astounding

5) Pernell Whitaker vs Julio Cesar Chavez...recently watched this fight again and scored it 8-4 for Chavez. Most the rounds Chavez won could have gone either way but Man, Sweet Pea put on a cliinic. Clean punching, defense, countepunching, the jab, also beating Chavez on the inside against a true ATG was awesome to watch...Was the first true robbery I watched as a kid. never knew judges could be so inept.

Comment

Trinidad vs Hopkins was boxing master class

Comment

Floyd v Corrales was fun to watch, unless you were a Chico fan.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    I have 5

1) Mayweather vs Gatti...I think Gatti landed 2 clean punches in 6 rounds....this is the best Mayweather we ever witnessed. Sharp punching, defense, counters, speed, jab, and killer instinct

2) James Toney vs Iran Barkley....Man all those clean shots were sick and he stood right in front of Barkely

3) Roy Jones vs. James Toney...idc about the weight issues, thats more of a discipline issue, which regardless he could have had a marathon runners stamina and JOnes would have still boxed his ears off

4) Willie Pep vs Saddler, some may feel it should be higher but I didnt catch the whole fight but what I did see considering it was after a kayo loss, a airplane crash, and fighting one of the prolific punchers ever was astounding

5) Pernell Whitaker vs Julio Cesar Chavez...recently watched this fight again and scored it 8-4 for Chavez. Most the rounds Chavez won could have gone either way but Man, Sweet Pea put on a cliinic. Clean punching, defense, countepunching, the jab, also beating Chavez on the inside against a true ATG was awesome to watch...Was the first true robbery I watched as a kid. never knew judges could be so inept.
                    Great list but not sure about #1 for the simple fact it was against Gatti...let's face it, Gatti was a guy that bobbed and weaved into punches. (rip)

Comment

Working...
                    X