Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to stop giving a fighter credit for another fighters win...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People need to stop giving a fighter credit for another fighters win...

It happened with the Froch/Bute/Ward situation where Ward didnt fight Bute then Froch annihilated him and everyone immediately said that justified Ward not fighting him.

Now after tonight people immediately seem to think this affects the Mayweather Pac debate because MARQUEZ beat him. At best it raises Mayweathers win against Marquez slightly, though it was a farcical event with Marquez coming up 2 weight classes and then getting cheated at the scales. Marquez's win doesnt excuse the May Pac fight not happening, nor does it decide who would have won if they had thought.

Why is it that everyone hates on the triangle theory until affects a fighter they like?

I realise people are gonna think this is me hating on either american or black fighters because of the examples ive used so ill try think of some European examples to back myself up (which im sure there are loads). And i think Ward and Mayweather are great fighters by the way so im not responding to anyone who labels me a 'hater'.

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    It happened with the Froch/Bute/Ward situation where Ward didnt fight Bute then Froch annihilated him and everyone immediately said that justified Ward not fighting him.

Now after tonight people immediately seem to think this affects the Mayweather Pac debate because MARQUEZ beat him. At best it raises Mayweathers win against Marquez slightly, though it was a farcical event with Marquez coming up 2 weight classes and then getting cheated at the scales. Marquez's win doesnt excuse the May Pac fight not happening, nor does it decide who would have won if they had thought.

Why is it that everyone hates on the triangle theory until affects a fighter they like?

I realise people are gonna think this is me hating on either american or black fighters because of the examples ive used so ill try think of some European examples to back myself up (which im sure there are loads). And i think Ward and Mayweather are great fighters by the way so im not responding to anyone who labels me a 'hater'.
    having just seen a thread which said that last night somehow hurt Mayweathers legacy i should say i disagree with that too... Last night was nothing to do with Mayweather, it was about two all time greats coming together in a great fight, with an unbelievable finish.

Comment

Good post, Tom. Now how do you see a Mayweather vs Marquez fight playing out next year. Marquez seems to fight comfortably at welter.

By the way, Katie was a good woman. She deserved much better.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        Good post, Tom. Now how do you see a Mayweather vs Marquez fight playing out next year. Marquez seems to fight comfortably at welter.

By the way, Katie was a good woman. She deserved much better.
        I think Mayweather wins again because its a bad style match up. Marquez takes advantage of poor balance and reckless attacking, and Mayweather has supreme balance and caution even in his old age.

Katie needed more love in her relationship for some reason. I dont get it personally, who could ever fall in love with a woman?

Comment

I think Mayweather wins again because its a bad style match up. Marquez takes advantage of poor balance and reckless attacking, and Mayweather has supreme balance and caution even in his old age.

Katie needed more love in her relationship for some reason. I dont get it personally, who could ever fall in love with a woman?
          Not to mention a supreme defense. Something which may have helped Pac somewhat.

Many fall in and out of love for the wrong reasons. I don't get it either.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            Not to mention a supreme defense. Something which may have helped Pac somewhat.

Many fall in and out of love for the wrong reasons. I don't get it either.
            probably yes but like i say it has no bearing on how a fight between Pac and May would have gone in their primes. Fact is still that the fight should have happened and both fighters and the fans lost out.

Not saying who would have won, just that this wasnt Mayweathers victory, nor does it discredit him.

Comment

Juan KTFO manny, who was a good welter, absolutely legitimizes Floyd's victory over Marquez

Comment

probably yes but like i say it has no bearing on how a fight between Pac and May would have gone in their primes. Fact is still that the fight should have happened and both fighters and the fans lost out.

Not saying who would have won, just that this wasnt Mayweathers victory, nor does it discredit him.
                True. But the reason the fight didn't happen was in reality due to the riff between Floyd and Arum.

When big egos collide, some things just can't be made to happen. Not even for a sickening large amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  Juan KTFO manny, who was a good welter, absolutely legitimizes Floyd's victory over Marquez
                  And like i said, that is all that last night affected in terms of Mayweather, some seem to think it has a bearing on how a Floyd Manny fight would have gone.

Comment

I hate the triangle theory but if Pacquiao has problems with the counter punching Marquez..what's gonna happen when he fights a biggest faster counter puncher.

Comment

Working...
                    X