No announcement yet.

Fighter of the Year Nominations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    Aren't they fighting at the end of December or something?

Just checked it's next year in February
    Are you gonna make a poll? Or you wanna wait till more fights happen?
    Yeah its Feb, Estrada getting wins over salas, cuadras especially and then rung in a single year would've put him above both AJ and TC for me but its not happening.

And theres no need for a poll. The fighter with the highest nominations will be out into my end of year write up "fighter of the year". Thats why listing fighters as a top 3 is important, because each rank carries 3, 2 or 1 points.

In case of a tie, the fighter with the most number of number one ranks gets the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Going with Crawford man. The guy is EXACTLY what true boxing fans want, someone who is technically superior, controls the pace of the fight, and shuts down the opponent at will. He's had some out of the ring situations that I don't like but hopefully these were "missteps" that won't be a potential career derailer. As far as boxing goes though, Crawford has been one of my favorites since that Prescott fight.

I've seen his skill and what types of adjustments he makes to move the fight where he wants it. He has the talents that you can't teach and this skill is what makes him superior to his opposition. I wish the best for him and feel that he is truly a P4P elite level type of a boxer. I'd pick him to beat Spence, Thurman, Garcia and Pac.
      Thats great and all but if you want your nominations to count, you have to list them 1 to 3.

Comment

Crawford - 22

Rungvisai - 14

Golovkin - 9

Joshua - 7

M Garcia - 7

Ward - 4

Spence - 1

Final update for a while but keep the votes coming in.

Comment

If Rigondeaux wins:

1. Rigo
          2. Crawford
          3. Rungvisai

If Loma wins:

1. Crawford
          2. Rungvisai
          3. Lomachenko

Comment

1. Terrence Crawford - Unified All 4 Belts
            2. Floyd Mayweather - Broke Rocky's Record
            3. Andre Ward - Destroyed Sergey Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Thats why listing fighters as a top 3 is important, because each rank carries 3, 2 or 1 points.

In case of a tie, the fighter with the most number of number one ranks gets the nod.
              hhmmm

so lets say for example....

I put
              TC
              Sor
              AJ

and someone else puts
              AJ
              TC
              Sor

you would total the amount in that fashion?

Comment

or is it that AJ isnt that good as advertised?

again wlad was in a war with bryant freakin jennings...

then he was outboxed by fury and was out for more than a year!

how is that the "best" hes looked in years?

mediocracy is a good thing now?

........ and jacobs isnt a top fighter at his divisiion???
                Come on now, you know Wlad hasn't looked that good since his prime years. He gave AJ all he had in an attempt to win back his belts. I for one, was very impressed with Dr. Steel Hammer's effort. He went out like a true champion.

Comment

Deontay Wilder! JK

1) Golovkin- The nay-sayers have called him a hype job forever. He stepped up to Jacobs, who came in heavy to gain an advantage. Golovkin dropped him. He stepped up to Canelo, a very skilled fighter. Golovkin had him retreating most of the night. He won against both of these top fighters (OK he drew with Canelo). Where's the love?

2) AJ- He beat an aging but valiant Klitschko & is on his way to owning the division.

3) Sor Rungvisai- He won a close fight with unofficial P4P best fighter Chocolatito Gonzalez the first time. The second time, he left no room for doubt in utterly destroying him.
                  Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 11-16-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    Deontay Wilder! JK

1) Golovkin- The nay-sayers have called him a hype job forever. He stepped up to Jacobs, who came in heavy to gain an advantage. Golovkin dropped him. He stepped up to Canelo, a very skilled fighter. Golovkin had him retreating most of the night. He won against both of these top fighters. Where's the love?

2) AJ- He beat an aging but valiant Klitschko & is on his way to owning the division.

3) Sor Rungvisai- He won a close fight with unofficial P4P best fighter Chocolatito Gonzalez the first time. The second time, he left no room for doubt in utterly destroying him.
                    funny I thought the Canelo-GGG fight ended in a Draw?

Comment

funny I thought the Canelo-GGG fight ended in a Draw?
                      I know, I thought about it and realized I believed Golovkin had won. I corrected it. Sort of

Comment

Working...
                      X