No announcement yet.

Prime Mosley vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    everyone keeps saying the prime Mosley would win. Here is his fight at 28 years old against Willie Wise. The fight right before his Oscar fight and he wins by 3rd round KO. Mosley is just as jittery & doing so many unecessary movements in this fight as he did with Floyd. He also is using no jab again and when he does, he paws with it. That cat is not beating the Floyd who Mosley just fought.

Also keep in mind the opponent which was a typical Shane opponent at the time even though he was 33 fights in. Everyone loves to say now that Shane has fought so many better fighters than Floyd. At 33 fights, Floyd's resume was far far far superior to Mosley's and when Shane did step up, he started to lose. I love Shane but he's not better than Floyd and wouldnt have won in his prime. This vid shows that. No doubt he has mad speed but Floyd is the far superior boxer who can do alot more things.

Senior was right about shane being jittery & Roger was right about him not having no jab to beat Floyd with. In this past fight he tried to do the pawing jab but he telegraphs everything. Everytime he pawed, then Floyd caught him with a jab as soon as he was about to expolde and then followed it with the right hand that would land flush over & over again. That **** had nothing to do with prime. Floyd just is a better pure boxer. Then again, if you watch the Margarito fight. He fought the same way as he did with Floyd. He's definitely much better in his prime but Floyd is a bad style matchup for him. Every good fighter with boxing skills will give him trouble due to his style. If you can pop that jab & box then Shane will have problems

Shane can't box. He's really a speedy slugger.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      SNIP
      SSM vs FMJ when they were at 135 is a great fight.

Comment

It could've happened in their primes but Shane's tooth was hurting and he needed a vacation. In other words he didn't want his teeth knocked out by Mayweather. Funny how he went from dodging and avoiding the fight to suddenly itching to get it once Mayweather became the biggest cash cow in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
          SSM vs FMJ when they were at 135 is a great fight.
          Man that would of been a great fight............mosley ko 10

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
            Mosleys 135 run is hella overrated of course he KOd nearly everyone he was fighting journeymen for the most part. That made him look better than he was at the time, meanwhile Floyd destroyed some top guys at 130. Floyd actually offered to fight him around that time in 1999 but Shane didn't want it and chose to chase DLH instead. The fact that he avoided the fight then and again in 2006 is reason enough for me to think he knew he was probably going to lose. Like another poster put, he was a fast power puncher, not a boxer which was why Floyd always would've beat him. Props to him for finally stepping up in 2010 though. Better late than never I guess, he was still very good even back then.
            Last edited by JK1700; 09-07-2017, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
              I think Floyd still gets him, but works super hard for it. I watched Castillo 1 & 2 today and Floyd was nasty back then. Super fast.

Comment

I think Floyd still gets him, but works super hard for it. I watched Castillo 1 & 2 today and Floyd was nasty back then. Super fast.
                not at 135-140lb mosley was the bigger stronger guy...big puncher fast as hell and relentless go watch his first fight with oscar and tell me mayweather would make easy work of that mosley.......

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                  Mosleys 135 run is hella overrated of course he KOd nearly everyone he was fighting journeymen for the most part. That made him look better than he was at the time, meanwhile Floyd destroyed some top guys at 130. Floyd actually offered to fight him around that time in 1999 but Shane didn't want it and chose to chase DLH instead. The fact that he avoided the fight then and again in 2006 is reason enough for me to think he knew he was probably going to lose. Like another poster put, he was a fast power puncher, not a boxer which was why Floyd always would've beat him. Props to him for finally stepping up in 2010 though. Better late than never I guess, he was still very good even back then.
                  go watch the first oscar/mosley fight and tell me mayweather would make easy work of that mosley.......that was a beast man and against a prime ATG in oscar...who up to that point maybe had never lost considering the tito robbery......so don't even try it

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                    It could've happened in their primes but Shane's tooth was hurting and he needed a vacation. In other words he didn't want his teeth knocked out by Mayweather. Funny how he went from dodging and avoiding the fight to suddenly itching to get it once Mayweather became the biggest cash cow in the sport.
                    Mosley made that toothache excuse so that his boss Oscar at the time could face Mayweather.

Mosley may have been younger but he wasnt in his prime. He was slightly past it and figjting above his best weight division.

He had just beaten Vargas and made that toothache comment.

Regardless no version of Mosley beats mayweather. He doesnt have the necessary tools and he is too dumb.

Comment

This is the Floyd that a lot of peeps especially my Mexican peeps have never seen! Floyd was a beast but after Hoya he bacame a puss.

Comment

Working...
                      X