Collapse
No announcement yet.

To be fair to Paulie...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really rotten the way they treated Paulie. For someone to try and ruin the reputation of a decent man, just to improve PPV sales is despicable. But this is Dana White, so why am I surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      The thing is Paulie himself said he lost the majority of the sparring rounds because he's so out of shape. Paulie himself said that.

Then he said he came back for two rounds and McGregor got so frustrated that he shoved him on the ground and had his people snap photos.

So... Paulie got pooped on no matter how we spin it.

Still not giving McGregor a chance in the fight though. Paulie is the shell of a fighter who wasn't good to begin with.
      Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      When did he say that? I've heard him make it sound close without disclosing much previously, but since then when he buttf#cked the NDA he's said he won 10-2 the second sparring session.

Randomly did Paulie legit sign a NDA cuz pay received or not I'd think this would be some suable sh^t if McGregor chose to sue him at this point with the stuff Paulie has said. I mean even some of the sh^t brought up early on seems like a problem for him if he legit signed a NDA.
      Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      Uhh, no he didn't. You're altering his words and I fcuking hate that. Get the quotes right and if you don't know them go find them.

Thank you!
      Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
      lol he didnt say that at all.. take the sand out of your ears boy
      He said Conor won the first 5-6 rounds, then conor got tired and paulie was putting in work and then conor won the last 2 rounds. Heres the vid and its a good interview but long and its one excuse after another

I don't see how anyone can believe a word of what he says anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        Paulie could be near his prime and get beaten up by McGregor in sparring and it still wouldn't mean he has a chance of beating Floyd.
        What does Conor's & Paulie's situation got to do with Floyd lol. This is its own lil thing now.

I mean at this point if Showtime, Conor & the UFC was trying to maximize their upside during Conor's post-fight losing in ring interview they could dim the lights in the arena, play Little Red Corvette & have Paulie walk into the ring + announced as Conor's next opponent on PPV in December. Thats how much of a thing this thing has turned into lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          He said Conor won the first 5-6 rounds, then conor got tired and paulie was putting in work and then conor won the last 2 rounds. Heres the vid and its a good interview but long and its one excuse after another

I don't see how anyone can believe a word of what he says anymore
          Correct. Paulie gives himself only a few rounds from the session and one of those (Conor's "worst moment") is that knockdown clip... Which leaves very little.

Comment

Listen to interviews instead of reading clickbait headlines keyshawntay. He admits he wasn't in shape and Conor won the majority of both sparring sessions.
            Keyshawntay

Comment

SNIP
              Can you narrow it down please? Not skimming an hour if you don't mind.

I thought he said the first session Conor got the better of him and in the second session Paulie went 10-2.

Comment

He said Conor won the first 5-6 rounds,
                Correct. Paulie gives himself only a few rounds from the session and one of those (Conor's "worst moment") is that knockdown clip... Which leaves very little.

Again, not true. He said McGregor "hung tough" the first 5-6 rounds. He has always implied that he won all of the rounds but the last two. He was just saying it was much more clear for rounds 7-10.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  Again, not true. He said McGregor "hung tough" the first 5-6 rounds. He has always implied that he won all of the rounds but the last two. He was just saying it was much more clear for rounds 7-10.

I listened to his own words in the recorded interview. I'll go with that.

Comment

He admits he wasn't in shape and Conor won the majority of both sparring sessions.
                    No he didn't!

The thing is Paulie himself said he lost the majority of the sparring rounds because he's so out of shape. Paulie himself said that.
                    Uhh, no he didn't. You're altering his words and I fcuking hate that. Get the quotes right and if you don't know them go find them.

@ 8:38 of the video you linked ---

"He hung tough the first 5 rounds. I came out sharper, I came out with more of a purpose, but he doesn't talk for the first 5 rounds. He landed a couple of good shots, but I was starting to take over. My work was more consistent, my style was more consistent, my counter-punching was more sharper, my jab was sharper, there was just more consistency on my part."

Paul never said he lost the first 5 rounds, not at all. Paul also said he (Paulie) got "way better" @ 9:24 for the 2nd sparring session. Does that sound like a guy who lost that session?

Another thing too Paulie pointed out, pro camps don't do 12 rounds with one fighter. They do a few rounds with each fighter so they get the best of each partner.

Comment

I listened to his own words in the recorded interview. I'll go with that.
                      Dude, the words are from the interview that is posted. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X