Mayweather Admits His Body Began to Break Down After the Gatti Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    i can do that to anyones resume...neeeeeexxxxxt
    I say this all the time. We gotta start taking things at face value. Of the fights he listed, the Ghost fight was the only one that I didn't like going into the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      30+ pro fights

over 90+ amatuer fights

countless hours in the gym, roadwork, sparring

back in the day fighters were shot or used up by age 25-28 and lossed more than they won by 30...many had a lot of fights others had as many fights as floyd had, depending on their style.

having a father and uncles who boxed...i couldnt imagine how far he got pushed.

fans dont think of the preparation all they see is the fights

one of my buddies is 27 derrick wilson had over 50+ am fights and about 20 pro fights....he isnt shot but he definitely isnt the same as he was 5 years ago watching his old fights
      back in the day fighters were shot at 25? Lmfao what, unless your talking about the 20s, or fighters that were just in wars their whole career, that statement makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
        Every fighter misses a few fighters coming up in weight for one reason or another. Flows would have embarrassed Margarito or a younger Cotto. Johnston would have been fodder. Kostya would have been the fight that might have been interesting and Floyd called him out, but the promoters killed it. Mosley vs Floyd at 140 would have been good, too bad Mosley wouldn't fight him then. Williams was a challenge physically and volume wise, Floyd would have figured him out though.

It's telling that Cotto made a fight with Mayweather in mere weeks after he left Arum. They wanted to fight each other, a promoter stopped it. Happens all the time in boxing throughout history.

Just know that Mayweather was accused of avoiding Corales, Gatti, Baldomir, Judah, Hattion, Marquez, Mosley, Canelo, Pacquaio etc etc. and he had two close fights against Castillo and Madaina who he gave immediate rematches to. He's a legend.
        if you think floyd would of beaten those fighters in his prime then thats fine, doesnt change the fact he ducked most of them in his prime.

Comment

How is Margarito getting caught cheating an excuse for Mayweather ducking him before he got caught?

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            I would have lov d to have seen Floyd v Mosley at 140
            I don't think the outcome would have been different

Comment

This is obvious. His hands were shot too. He complains about his hands IN ACTUAL FIGHTS, you can hear him.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
                back in the day fighters were shot at 25? Lmfao what, unless your talking about the 20s, or fighters that were just in wars their whole career, that statement makes no sense.
                most fighters were shot before 30 bro...do your own research...only the top guys made it past 30 and many of them didnt....thats why duration of fights changed, gloves, etc

Comment

so that the reason he started getting blood tranfusion and all that junk.

Make sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X