Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Juan Manuel Marquez and Erik Morales ever meet in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morales nor Barerra wanted to fight Marquez in his prime. Barrera finally agreed to fight what he thought was an old Marquez, and got a boxing lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
      The Master and his B1tch
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      what a disgusting fleaumo

Comment

I remember reading that he was looking to fight Barrera, Morales or Naseem Hamed but Arum wouldn't put him in with Morales, and he couldn't get the fight with Nas or Barrera because he didnt have the recognition, and was perceived by the Mexican fans at the time as a boring fighter. That's when he started to change his game up and started exchanging more.

If you look at early footage he was a pure counter puncher.

Comment

Marquez was the Mike McCallum of that time.

Comment

Marquez missed a shitload of HUGE fights in what was a red hot Featherweight division in the late 90's-early 2000's. The lost to Norwood was apart of the reason why though. But if i remember correctly, the only reason why he was fighting Norwood is because he turned down what was a pretty reasonable fight offer from Hamed.

But he missed out on fights with...

Prime Morales

Prime Hamed

&

Prime Barrera

If just about any other star fighter in the sport fought in a division stacked with that many prime elite fighters, and failed to step in the ring with just about all of them... they would be a coward/ducker/cherry picker etc. who ducked the division when it was at it's hottest.... There are several fighters out there who get shit like this thrown at them for missing fights with FAR lesser opponents.

BTW i think he schools Hamed, goes 1-1-1 with prime Morales... and gets PWN'T by Barrera. I believe Barerra has his number.

Comment

Hamed, MAB, nor Morales wanted prime Marquez. He was.too much of a risk and boring was the excuse. I'm glad Marquez will be ranked higher than all 3. Marquez might rank higher than Pacquiao when its all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                Hamed, MAB, nor Morales wanted prime Marquez. He was.too much of a risk and boring was the excuse. I'm glad Marquez will be ranked higher than all 3. Marquez might rank higher than Pacquiao when its all said and done.
                Link?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                  Link?
                  Hamed-Morales-Barrera-wanted-no-parts-of-prime-Marquez!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Hamed-Morales-Barrera-wanted-no-parts-of-prime-Marquez!
                    In other words... your inner buttcheeks would be the source of that baseless claim.

got it.

Comment

Hamed, Morales and Barrera ducked Marquez for a loooooooooong time. Until they were passed it. and Marquez was left standing.

Comment

Working...
                      X