No announcement yet.

How do you feel about Reperations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Well I wasn't a slave so I don't deserve any of the money.
    Were the slaves descendants also affected by the atrocities committed to the slaves?

Do you think that after WWII only Jews who were in concentration camps got reperations?

Comment

Personally, since it seems most will argue that current Black Americans weren't slaves, what I would say is that it is unfair that European Americans present day generations are able to profit from the labor of slaves, but the present day generations of slaves aren't able to profit from their own ancestors' labor or what was promised to them because of that labor. That would be hypocritical.

As far as what form it should take, I think we should discuss the present day value of 40 acres and a mule, and that should be the basis of it. Whether that should be in the form of a check (lump sum or over time), tax relief, something towards education...that can be discussed.

Anyway, anyone who is REALLY interested in this topic should look at this 20 minute video about it, which I think is pretty comprehensive for being only 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        Were the slaves descendants also affected by the atrocities committed to the slaves?

Do you think that after WWII only Jews who were in concentration camps got reparations?
        Right.

Also, we don't even have to look at another country for examples of reparations. Our country gave reparations to Japanese Americans who were put in internment camps during WWII. As far as I know, there wasn't even an apology for slavery until 2008.

Comment

Except that the government screwing over the black community didnt stop when slavery ended and more importantly... they never actually gave the slave the reperations owed.

So according to your logic, governments should just keep delaying the issue until the victims have passed on, and then they are off the hook.

I said this is not a troll thread.
          Get in line

Behind the native Americans

Ahead of the chinese

Comment

No one alive now was a slave

No reparations

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              I'm for reparations

Anyone who was an African slave in the 1860s and before should get reparations.

10 billion dollars, their own island, private jet, the works.

If you weren't a slave 160, 200, 240 years...... quit crying. You dont deserve ****.
              Then tell proctor and gamble and R&L to give back their millions of dollars of wealth they got from free labor.

They can donate it to anybody they want.

Comment

If the Jews got money then ADOS should too.

Comment

Get your reparations from Africa since they are the ones who sold your ancestors to European slave traders. Keep in mind, only about 5% of slaves actually came to America. Close to 10% of free blacks owned slaves themselves in the South--William Ellison being one of the more prominent and successful of the black slave owners.

What you should be demanding is the party you keep voting for to stop keeping you in poverty and dependent on big government. Stop telling you that you are victims so they can cash in on your votes by making promises they never keep and fanning the flames of racial tensions in this country. Your anger and vitriol should be directed at the Democratic party that created the KKK, and sealed up your votes for the next 200 years (LBJ) by promising social services in order to keep you under their control. Your own party is largely responsible for the oppression and discrimination blacks have faced over the last couple of centuries. Elite, white Democrats who try and pose as champions of the working class and minorities, when in fact they have done nothing but exploit and betray blacks since day one.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/vid...7819507571392/

After checking out this simple yet powerful interview, can anyone possibly say they do not understand why reperations are loooooooooong overdue?

Do you personally support reperations and if not, what are your reasons?

Not a troll thread, not a bait thread.

This should be a serious convo in the upcoming general elections.

I see no reason why this should not be done by EITHER party. Its the right thing to do.
                    No, I don't agree with reparations. The time frame where you could legitimately make the claim that it was justified has long passed, imo. At this point we are talking 4 to 5 generations? You have to be half a fossil to even remember the 60's, much less the middle of the 19th century.

That doesn't even get into that not all blacks in America are descendants of slaves. Or the fact that we can't afford to pay for the stuff we want now.

Even if, say you limited it to taking wealth back from companies that used slavery. How many of those companies even exist today?

Comment

There is already free education, free food, free housing, free medical. The rest of the **** people have to work for.

Comment

Working...
                      X