Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

This guy from reddit say this, any investment bankers or economist here that can give their opinion? ? Or lawyers
    COMMENTSRELATED
    ALDO5408
    Waddell & Reed's Investment in Haymon: $82 mil. remaining (of $521 mil.) as of December 31, 2015 self.Boxing
    submitted 7 minutes ago by jimwilson128
    Building off of my last post of the Q3 results from the mutual funds managed by Waddell & Reed that invested in Haymon:
    Acquisition cost (initial value) of combined investment: $528,481,000
    Market value of combined investment as of September 30, 2015: $214,288,000
    Market value of combined investment as of December 31, 2015: $82,354,000
    To date, the investment made into Media Group Holdings, Series H (which invested in Haymon Boxing) by the three Waddell & Reed funds (Ivy Asset Strategy, Ivy VIP Asset Strategy, Waddell & Reed Advisors Asset Strategy) has lost 84% of its value. At this rate, the investment will be worth zero dollars by the end of February, which implies that Haymon will run out of funding at that time

If this is true I wonder what haymons plan. Was all along?

Was it just to rape Waddell?

Comment

Plot twist: waddel and reed are secretly funding isis, haymon found out and created pbc to sabotage their money

God bless al haymon

Comment

where the f did all the money go? the purses were only 1.5 mill at the most. How much has he been paying for air time? did he use some of that money for the Golden Boy settlement and buying out some of the Golden Boy contracts?

Comment

Who cares. Nobody watches boxing anymore anyways. The numbers show it.. The hardcores will watch but mediocre matchups wether free or not will not bring back the casuals.

Back to showtime and HBO with he occasional PPV and hopefully better matchups

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            This guy from reddit say this, any investment bankers or economist here that can give their opinion? ? Or lawyers
            COMMENTSRELATED
            ALDO5408
            Waddell & Reed's Investment in Haymon: $82 mil. remaining (of $521 mil.) as of December 31, 2015 self.Boxing
            submitted 7 minutes ago by jimwilson128
            Building off of my last post of the Q3 results from the mutual funds managed by Waddell & Reed that invested in Haymon:
            Acquisition cost (initial value) of combined investment: $528,481,000
            Market value of combined investment as of September 30, 2015: $214,288,000
            Market value of combined investment as of December 31, 2015: $82,354,000
            To date, the investment made into Media Group Holdings, Series H (which invested in Haymon Boxing) by the three Waddell & Reed funds (Ivy Asset Strategy, Ivy VIP Asset Strategy, Waddell & Reed Advisors Asset Strategy) has lost 84% of its value. At this rate, the investment will be worth zero dollars by the end of February, which implies that Haymon will run out of funding at that time
            In February 2017, when pbc is still going strong and announce their biggest and best fights to date, the clown who wrote this cap and others who make these same ridiculous claims every month will become as quiet as a church mouse.

Comment

Just to be clear, this is just something that was posted on reddit by a random/anonymous person and so could be (is?) 100% untrue?

Comment

I cannot see how it could be down that low. Oh well I guess we will know soon enough

Comment

it's weird though. The account manager at Waddell and Reed who made the initial investment with Haymon Boxing now works at with....you guessed it, Haymon Boxing. I don't know if Al and the dude were friends before they made the deal and they worked together to swindle the money from Waddell and Reed.

OR he might have gotten fired after Waddell and Reed decided it was a bad investment on his part and they're just taking it as an L. He probably went crawling to Al and he hired him to thank him back for giving him half a billion dollars
                  Last edited by lizard_man; 01-29-2016, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    Just to be clear, this is just something that was posted on reddit by a random/anonymous person and so could be (is?) 100% untrue?
                    My source has no reason to lie
                    He was correct about the first 6 months

Comment

Working...
                    X