Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is why America is STUPID

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
      I have literally seen ice agents checking the rosters at the jails. I don't know for sure the frequency they go to the jails. At a time they would go once a week. At others it was random. Other go month without ice checking.
      Well f#ck that doesn't seem like an efficient way of doing it. Thats crazy it works like that.

The jails have many other things to worry about. Drugs, gangs, assaults, and also them selves.
      Yea sure I get that, but it seems simple enough to integrate something into the current process of booking someone that would ding someone who's not a rightful US citizen is all I'm suggesting. Hell you could even set it up at the police officer level so when someone gets checked for warrants it also checks to confirm your US citizenship status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Well f#ck that doesn't seem like an efficient way of doing it. Thats crazy it works like that.

Yea sure I get that, but it seems simple enough to integrate something into the current process of booking someone that would ding someone who's not a rightful US citizen is all I'm suggesting. Hell you could even set it up at the police officer level so when someone gets checked for warrants it also checks to confirm your US citizenship status.
        I guess that could be done at a substantial cost.

That would jam up all the illegal white people we have here. These Canadians, British etc white folks enjoy being illegal here without any worrry. I have had this British guy I helped who was illegal say I have never even been asked if He was a citizen, in any senerio.

This country is conditioned to think all illegals are brown. The system you suggest would one way to help eliminate that inherent bias. But we both know that’s not happening...

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            He said he went to 1st grade in America. When he was 7 years old?

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
              He said he went to 1st grade in America. When he was 7 years old?
              Yea. Everything was confusing when he was first arrested. But he's been here since he was 7. I was confused how he had no accent if he's been here since he was 14 but being here since 7 makes more sense.

Comment

Yea. Everything was confusing when he was first arrested. But he's been here since he was 7. I was confused how he had no accent if he's been here since he was 14 but being here since 7 makes more sense.
                It does but he didn't go to first grade at 7 lol. They also down played his drug charge in that interview.

Comment

It does but he didn't go to first grade at 7 lol. They also down played his drug charge in that interview.
                  The drug charge was expunged so I don't think it's that big of a deal or else it wouldn't have gotten expunged.

I don't understand what you're saying about 7 and first grade. Are you saying he was to old?

Comment

The drug charge was expunged so I don't think it's that big of a deal or else it wouldn't have gotten expunged.

I don't understand what you're saying about 7 and first grade. Are you saying he was to old?
                    Yeah thats what Im saying.

His record was expunged last year. Do you find that odd?

Comment

Yeah thats what Im saying.

His record was expunged last year. Do you find that odd?
                      No I don't find that odd because he has money now. With money you can better navigate the system. Look at how he got released from ICE. He was originally held without bail and Jay-Z got him some good lawyers and he got a $150k bail. There is a hierarchy in the criminal justice system. I was reading a thread from a public defender who talked about how much worse judges treat public defenders than they do paid lawyers.

I had a friend who had a drunk driving charge and was on probation. She failed a drug test and had to go to court for probation violation. She had a paid lawyer and she'd paid off all her court costs, probation fees, and fines early. Instead of putting her in jail the judge took her off probation all together Money talks in the system

When he came here I'm sure he was tested because he didn't start school here. He tested at a first grade level at 7.

Comment

Working...
                      X