No announcement yet.

lopez/loma 2020

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    id say there as many TR fanboys are there are pbc fanboys...for every one there is probably one on the other side...the factions are at war constantly....some might not even realize they are TR fanboys but they hate pbc and haymon so much(mostly prolly cause of association with floyd) they find themselves saying things like "yeah well crawford cant get no fights cause haymon wont let his guys fight crawford..and hell he wont even let his guys fight each other...they make terrible fights"....when haymon has made plenty of good WW fights and is about to put two unbeaten p4p guys against each other there...and still has plenty of time to make more good fights......i swear i see this every time someone mentions crawfords lack of good fights or potential fights...guys get all defensive and attack haymons WW stable when hes put danny, thurman and porter all in with each other....and hes putting mikey/spence on...and he can still do some real good fights down the road
    By the same token Top Rank made a fight between two p4p top 10 guys with Loma and Rigo with the exception being that Rigo wasn’t even top 10 so he’s clearly willing to work and deal with other fighters regardless of promotional affiliation.

I’ve honestly never seen a Top Rank fanboy. I’d never even seen a promoter fanboy until I saw PBC fanboys. It’s just an utterly bizarre concept to me.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      By the same token Top Rank made a fight between two p4p top 10 guys with Loma and Rigo with the exception being that Rigo wasn’t even top 10 so he’s clearly willing to work and deal with other fighters regardless of promotional affiliation.

I’ve honestly never seen a Top Rank fanboy. I’d never even seen a promoter fanboy until I saw PBC fanboys. It’s just an utterly bizarre concept to me.
      you havent seen one because you dont want to see one...its not hard to find if you are around..i seem them all the time

making a deal with rigo is easy...there werent any other good fights for rigo and rigo wasnt with a major competitor......

and yer completely missing the point on that....haymon is putting two of his major p4p stars against each other....with rigo arum didnt have him.....so all his guy has to do is win and hes not damaging some of his product

every thread with crawfords resume in question has some guy in there attacking haymons WW program...and hes putting two top unbeaten p4p guys against each other...and hes put garcia, thurman, and porter all against each other....and theres still more in store in the future.....that was my point....rigo was not a TR fighter

Comment

will the top rank fanboys demand lopez step up and take an easy to make in house fight against loma? or will he be too young and too green in ways that gervonta davis could never be?

by my accounts lopez should be ready for this by summer-late 2020

when arum says that hes not ready to make that fight and the timing isn't right just yet will you support him or hate on him the way you guys do to davis?

I already know the answer....but ill ask anyway
        No response to my earlier reply to your thread?

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          No response to my earlier reply to your thread?
          i might have missed it...lemme go back and check

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            What about Lopez / Davis / and Haney fighting each other as well? The winner of any combination of those fights becomes the top contender at 135 for Lom or Commey.
            well...as far as i know tank is with floyd ...basically pbc...and haney has his own license i think(not clear on his situation) but hes basically pbc too....lopez is TR....thats a muddled mess......alot depends on how fast haney plans on moving.....there are too many variables there really to paint a picture between those 3 guys + loma

my main point was that lopez will soon be in the same position tank was in last year....by 2020....if lopez was still at 135 i just wonder if people would be demanding a 23 year old lopez get it on with loma the same way they act about tank...i know tank has spoken about ...but thats probably just for attention......im willing to bet people would excuse TR not making the fight in 2020 between lopez and loma because neither guy is affiliated with al haymon....who seems to get a ton of heat even though he makes just as good of fights as anyone out there

Comment

I was not demanding that Davis fights Loma and I won't be demanding Lopez fights Loma. The thing is that Lopez is vocal about wanting to face Loma while Davis is a lot less vocal. If Mayweather wants to age Loma first that might backfire since Loma said he wants to retire after getting all the tittles.
              Last edited by wlad1111; 02-15-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I didn't say there were any conspiracies here....and I think loma fans would want to see lopez "prove it if he said it"

but when arum says the timing isn't right and he wants to build lopez up a little more to make it a bigger fight will the same guys be ok with it or harp on lopez/arum the way they do davis/Floyd?

you know a lot of lomas fans are also fans of Crawford and lopez........

Crawford fans often tell us that pbc wont make good fights or their guys fight each other at WW...which is complete and utter horse ****

loma fans will demand that davis get in now and make the fight or else hes a clown poosy...but will they be ok when arum says "not right now...lopez is still very young"?!?!
                Nah they won't be okay with Lopez challenging Lomas dominance and not taking it to the ring not many fans care what Arum says the only people that will be okay with that is Lopez fans if they believe he actually isn't ready.

Comment

well...as far as i know tank is with floyd ...basically pbc...and haney has his own license i think(not clear on his situation) but hes basically pbc too....lopez is TR....thats a muddled mess......alot depends on how fast haney plans on moving.....there are too many variables there really to paint a picture between those 3 guys + loma

my main point was that lopez will soon be in the same position tank was in last year....by 2020....if lopez was still at 135 i just wonder if people would be demanding a 23 year old lopez get it on with loma the same way they act about tank...i know tank has spoken about ...but thats probably just for attention......im willing to bet people would excuse TR not making the fight in 2020 between lopez and loma because neither guy is affiliated with al haymon....who seems to get a ton of heat even though he makes just as good of fights as anyone out there
                  I hope some of the fights I mentioned can come off. Haney is my personal favorite between him, Davis and Lopez. I like Haney's personality, his skills, and the fact that he is promoting or co-promoting himself is great, I just really like Haney a lot as a person, he is a nice guy when you see his interviews. Personally I think Lopez' defense is too wide open and he is easy to hit (man, that flat nose tells a story) and though he has power and accuracy, I would pick Haney and Davis and Lom over him due to their ring IQ. Of all of them, the fighter with the best chance against Lom would be Davis I think. But if a number of those fights comes off, Boxing will be rewarded with a superstar or two.
                  Last edited by richardt; 02-15-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I never once suggest lopez was ready and should be chris...u know that

and you know exactly what I'm saying....davis last year and lopez mid-late 2020 will be in almost identical situations....and in fact lopez/loma will be easier to make because its in house

if arum tries to make the same excuse tank has used do you think the fans will give Top rank a pass and be ok with it or talk about them like they do lopez/Floyd

its hard to know exactly what TR would do....but its not unlikely to hear something similar from arum about how he wants the fight to be bigger and for lopez to become a bigger star first...so how do you think people would react if bob pulled a tank?
                    I don't think it's upto Bob as much when dealing with Loma.
                    I think it's Loma and his dad that pretty much sais who they will fight and then get Bob to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      He said he's moving to 140 because he's outgrowing 135. That's a difference.

I get the impression he is name dropping Loma for attention though. It would be interesting to see if he can win a belt and Loma offers him a fight. Surely he'd stick around for 1 more fight if he wanted it?
                      https://youtu.be/ZuvSx0ZYfAU

Loma should demand the fight. Lopez and his dad been talking mad **** on YouTube interviews. Good fight to make.

Comment

Working...
                      X