• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings For Loma Vs Marriaga - ESPN

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/st...43967432683522

You late turkish

Comment

They need to move the main events closer to prime time. Casual fans won't watch past midnight unless it's a big fight.

I'm glad boxing is on ESPN but I hate the production, promotion and espn in general. Getting preempted also didn't help.

Comment

I don't think the ratings would've been great even with a seamless broadcast -- I'm a really big fan of Lomachenko's but it's pretty clear that his drawing power isn't equal to his immense talents. And I have my wonders if it will ever be.

But there is absolutely no question that the Hall of Fame inductions had an impact. People were tuning in (like a friend and I), seeing it say "Top Rank Boxing" on the channel guide but instead seeing Jerry Jones and Kurt Warner go on and on and f**king on (I get it, it's their hall of fame induction so to them it's a big deal), even nearly a full hour after the fight card was supposed to go live. Then it said they were streaming it on the app...then they moved it to ESPN2...then they moved it back to ESPN...it was really, really bad and ole Bob had to have been furious as f**k. Not to mention the fight was already starting late as is. So yeah, combine all of that and it was going to be bad news.

I'm disappointed because I want all fight cards to do well -- ESPECIALLY the ESPN & PBC cards, because if they do well then that would mean more and more cards on more accessible TV (as opposed to premium cable channels and pay per view). The Lomachenko ratings were a dud, and if the Crawford/Indongo fight duds as well...well that wouldn't be good.

Comment

Working...
        X