No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Agrees To Let McGregor Use 8-Ounce Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    That would likely damage his hands furthermore If It Is a fight which goes many rounds, risky game!

Comment

Wow, either the pride is setting in or Mayweather feels he can really do some damage to McGregor.

Comment

Ticket sales and the projected PPv buys must really be looking bad, also the info Paulie/Cortez are feeding him must have made his confidence soar.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          "Athletes (boxers/kick boxers) weighing-in up to and including 135 pounds must wear 8 oz gloves in competition, while athletes weighing-in over 135 pounds (junior welterweight class and above) must wear 10 oz gloves in competition.* However, athletes weighing-in over 135 but no more than 147 may wear 8 oz gloves in competition if both athletes agree to do so in writing on their bout agreement(contract)."

Can't wear 8oz for any fight above 147.
          It happened tho. Maybe they were willing to entertain it because it was Mayweather

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=546331

https://www.google.com/search?q=mayw...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            It happened tho. Maybe they were willing to entertain it because it was Mayweather

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=546331

https://www.google.com/search?q=mayw...hrome&ie=UTF-8
            They didn't use 8oz gloves in Mayweather-Cotto.

Comment

Damn. Mayweather got greedy. He ****ed up. 49-1.

Comment

Floyds getting knocked out. It is confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  "Athletes (boxers/kick boxers) weighing-in up to and including 135 pounds must wear 8 oz gloves in competition, while athletes weighing-in over 135 pounds (junior welterweight class and above) must wear 10 oz gloves in competition.* However, athletes weighing-in over 135 but no more than 147 may wear 8 oz gloves in competition if both athletes agree to do so in writing on their bout agreement(contract)."

Can't wear 8oz gloves for fights over 147.
                  I think you can if both boxers agree on it. I believe it's been done before.

Mayweather wanted to use eight ounce gloves for the 154 fight with De La Hoya and De La Hoya refused to let him. Mayweather still *****es about that.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

Mayweather wanted to use eight ounce gloves for the 154 fight with De La Hoya and De La Hoya refused to let him. Mayweather still *****es about that.
                    No that's only for the 140 and 147 divisions. Says it in the rules I posted. Mayweather was forced to use gloves chosen by De La Hoya, he wasn't allowed to choose the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

People forget about that. Oscar was running that SRL game on him and still lost lol

Comment

Working...
                      X