No announcement yet.

Anybody ever owned a protection dog?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever owned a protection dog?

So I'm getting a Belgian mallinois puppy that was specifically bred to be a working protection dog because I need a guard dog at my place. It's in a bad area(in the Philippines) and I had a break in the other day.

I was searching for protection dogs and I found this breeder that's renowned for breeding exceptionally large and strong working Belgians mals and he sold me on the breed. I saw the dad and it was humongous, even bigger than an average German Shepherd.

I was doing my own research and all the info says that it's an intense working dog that needs constant training and a job every day or it will develop aggression and behavioral problems.

What kind of training exercises can I use to keep him stimulated and what do they mean by giving him a "job"? What kind of jobs can I give a dog?

Dogs will bark and **** but that's literally where it ends. They won't "protect" you at all unless you're extremely lucky. They've done numerous studies and tests on families who claimed that their dog(s) would protect them in a moment of crisis (i.e. home invasion, burglary, assault) and the dogs literally just sat there doing nothing. And they were done with hidden cameras in a normal environment, so nothing was out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      Dogs will bark and **** but that's literally where it ends. They won't "protect" you at all unless you're extremely lucky. They've done numerous studies and tests on families who claimed that their dog(s) would protect them in a moment of crisis (i.e. home invasion, burglary, assault) and the dogs literally just sat there doing nothing. And they were done with hidden cameras in a normal environment, so nothing was out of the ordinary.
      Oh no this breeder i'm getting them from specifically bred these dogs to be monsters. He owns a K9 compound and everything and breeds dogs for military and police. The problem is he charges a premium price for training and it's far from my place.

I saw some of his dogs in action and I was blown away

He specifically breeds the strongest, most resilient and most fearless dogs.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-27-2016, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
        Oh no this breeder i'm getting them from specifically bred these dogs to be monsters. He owns a K9 compound and everything and breeds dogs for military and police. The problem is he charges a premium price for training and it's far from my place.

I saw some of his dogs in action and I was blown away

He specifically breeds the strongest, most resilient and most fearless dogs.

Crazy amount of training would go into that!! Fu@k been the dude in the suit too!!
        Most big dogs can be trained fairly easy to intimidate a person enough to think twice about breaking in!

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
          Crazy amount of training would go into that!! Fu@k been the dude in the suit too!!
          Most big dogs can be trained fairly easy to intimidate a person enough to think twice about breaking in!
          Yeah but his training program costs 3 times as much as the dog lol

I've been told the mallinois is one of the most challenging dogs to own but I took it as a challenge. If I can raise this dog right I can raise any dog.

I was put on a 1 month waiting list for a puppy and i'm taking the next month to do my research.

Comment

Yup, people think twice about breaking into a home with dogs.

You can also just get one of those dummy security cameras on Amazon. People don't want to end up in the 5 o'clock news.

Comment

My neighbour does, ever since I was caught masterbating through his cat flap.

Comment

Yeah but his training program costs 3 times as much as the dog lol

I've been told the mallinois is one of the most challenging dogs to own but I took it as a challenge. If I can raise this dog right I can raise any dog.

I was put on a 1 month waiting list for a puppy and i'm taking the next month to do my research.
                How long is the training program? If you got the spare time then go for it. But even after the training you will have to keep it 'in tune' to an extent!
                Also keep in mind that if someone broke in or whatever when your not there the result might not be the same. They could either rip some **** to shreds because you weren't there to command them to stop or they could do nothing because you weren't there to give them the command to get him, hold him, eat him....

Comment

So I'm getting a Belgian mallinois puppy that was specifically bred to be a working protection dog because I need a guard dog at my place. It's in a bad area(in the Philippines) and I had a break in the other day.

I was searching for protection dogs and I found this breeder that's renowned for breeding exceptionally large and strong working Belgians mals and he sold me on the breed. I saw the dad and it was humongous, even bigger than an average German Shepherd.

I was doing my own research and all the info says that it's an intense working dog that needs constant training and a job every day or it will develop aggression and behavioral problems.

What kind of training exercises can I use to keep him stimulated and what do they mean by giving him a "job"? What kind of jobs can I give a dog?

Train the dog to fetch you beer from the fridge, that's a job.

Comment

How long is the training program? If you got the spare time then go for it. But even after the training you will have to keep it 'in tune' to an extent!
                    Also keep in mind that if someone broke in or whatever when your not there the result might not be the same. They could either rip some **** to shreds because you weren't there to command them to stop or they could do nothing because you weren't there to give them the command to get him, hold him, eat him....
                    3 month obedience training, 3 month attack training. I don't mind putting time into the dog, I just want to do it properly.

I don't know about the stopping part but I was told the Malinois is extremely territorial so if anybody steps in my fence they're getting their ass chewed out lol

Comment

Working...
                    X