Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the latest on Andre Ward? No word yet on him fighting again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is even longer than Gamboa's layoffs damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Really, really unfortunate that a guy of his caliber has wasted THIS MUCH time out of his prime, smh.
      His own damn fault. I can get riled up when someone or something is preventing a high-caliber fighter from performing, but Andre chose this path for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        They have offered him fights, that's where your wrong. They couldn't get him a Froch rematch because Ward didn't want to fight in the UK but they offered Ward quite a few guys to at least keep Ward active and make money but Ward turned them down and took them to court instead. He was offered Sakio Bika, Anthony Dirrell, James Degale and Maxim Vlasov, all of which would have got him a minimum of $2 million dollars. I mean he got over $2m for Rodriguez. What more can they do for the guy? If Froch doesn't want to fight him in Oakland, and if Chavez jr is having his own promotional problems, the only thing he can do is stay active, fight the best guys available while he waits. But because he's sued unsuccessfully three times now, it's only extended his contract further.
        Can you give me links where he was offered fights after the case was settled in Goosen's favor? The point of this thread is he needs to ****ing fight already. Not why his ass has been home the past 13 months.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
          Can you give me links where he was offered fights after the case was settled in Goosen's favor? The point of this thread is he needs to ****ing fight already. Not why his ass has been home the past 13 months.
          I don't feel like digging for it now but Ward said himself those four names were offered to him, but Ward says those names were step backwards. It was shown in court cases that Ward rejected offers from Goossen.

And what's funny is now that Ward has had all this time off, they said they want two tune up fights whenever he does return. So those names I listed weren't good enough for Ward some months ago, but now we'll be lucky to have Ward fight any of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
            hes a bum who cares, another so called slick fighter who uses "vertern' tactics lol.

in a fair fight (non veteran tactics needed) ward will lose 10 out of 10 times.

Its telling when a fighting cant fighting without resorting to does scumbag tactics.
            Very true.

He can't win without head butts, holding his opponents' arms, hitting off the break, hitting while holding, etc.

That's why he demands home advantage, so he can use a shady referee like Jack Reiss who will let him use illegal tactics.

Comment

Working...
            X