Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joshua will win the gold, once you beat a cuban its right to the top of the podium

you could tell joshua was very nervous, he needs to not let the crowd hype him up, but thats all down to experience

the cuban came to british soil, so he would have needed to be more convincing, it was very close...

it was the best fight and not sloppy like all the other ones

Comment

• i wouldn't go so far as to say joshua was outclassed, but savon definitely landed the more clean shots. his movement was slick as fuck, too -- he looked like a damn middleweight at times. both lads have bright careers ahead of them and let's leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksan View Post
        Now 50 Cent you know what to do...

Sign Savon, and he will get his revenge in the Pro's

But first contact Ahmet Oner, he knows how to do it.

Nah, won't happen. Fidel sent these young ass dudes on purpose cause they won't have the balls to defect just yet. Savon is a little older so he might, if he knows what's good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Come on man, Savon won every round by a mile. It wasn't a close fight, Savon dominated him and made him look the slow, clumsy oaf he is.

Second coming of Lennox Lewis, my scrotsack!
          I don't agree man I had savon winning by about a point, so the decision either way is not exactly terrible. It was obv going to go to the home fighter. Savon took the last round and I thought he'd done enough at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            joshua will win the gold, once you beat a cuban its right to the top of the podium

you could tell joshua was very nervous, he needs to not let the crowd hype him up, but thats all down to experience

the cuban came to british soil, so he would have needed to be more convincing, it was very close...

it was the best fight and not sloppy like all the other ones
            6'7 Zhang or 6'9 Dychko can beat him don't worry so he will not even get to the final... but hey he has the judges.

Comment

Come on man, Savon won every round by a mile. It wasn't a close fight, Savon dominated him and made him look the slow, clumsy oaf he is.

Second coming of Lennox Lewis, my scrotsack!
              Who the hell said Joshua is the second coming of Lewis?

The kid has huge potential no doubt about it.

Savon got robbed, but no need to start hating Joshua for it. Reserve that for the computerised points system, and poor judges.

Comment

• savons career will remain being a amateur till he retires, its a shame most of these cuban boxers never turn pro, he could go far, but i'd see him more of a cruiserweight, reminds me of David Haye, very slick, fast hands

Jousha was made to be a HW, i can see he packs a punch, but his footwork needs a lot of work...

Comment

• If Anthony ''A-Farce'' Harrison had any decency at all he would of not only left with that big ass chin tucked into his chest he would of bowed before Erislandy Savon, acknowledged he is the only guy on the planet that could make Erislandy look every bit as his great Uncle and told him he owed any medal he should receive to the people of Cuba who just had to witness that disgraceful, corrupt, dismal, U.K robbery.

On Behalf of the U.K, I would like to apologise for my countries behaviour, you have a really great talented fighter there in Erislandy Savon

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    savons career will remain being a amateur till he retires, its a shame most of these cuban boxers never turn pro, he could go far, but i'd see him more of a cruiserweight, reminds me of David Haye, very slick, fast hands

Jousha was made to be a HW, i can see he packs a punch, but his footwork needs a lot of work...
                    They said the same about Odlanier Solis, and also in the HW division the age doesn't matter that much, like the light weights, so he could have an Olympic Gold in Rio and he will be just 26 years old., he's 9 months younger than Joshua. (By that time Fidel will be dead)

Comment

If Anthony ''A-Farce'' Harrison had any decency at all he would of not only left with that big ass chin tucked into his chest he would of bowed before Erislandy Savon, acknowledged he is the only guy on the planet that could make Erislandy look every bit as his great Uncle and told him he owed any medal he should receive to the people of Cuba who just had to witness that disgraceful, corrupt, dismal, U.K robbery.

On Behalf of the U.K, I would like to apologise for my countries behaviour, you have a really great talented fighter there in Erislandy Savon
                      Dude just shut up

Comment

Working...
                      X