No announcement yet.

So let's talk about Paul Williams and the Hall of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So let's talk about Paul Williams and the Hall of Fame

Do you guys think Paul Williams should enter the HOF when he's eligible, why or why not?

Wins over Martinez, Winky, Lara[controversially], Margarito, Quintana, Cintron.

Okay wins against Ishida, Mitchell, Walter Matthysse.

If i'm not mistaken he's a 2 time champion at WW, interim champion at 154 if you want to count that, and at one point was calling every one out from 147-160 and was willing to fight them at their weight class.

As a big fan, I would say he's borderline HOF. I think Williams at age 30 was not done, and I think he would have ended up adding Canelo and 3-4 other names on his resume and have a sure HOF resume. Being a borderline HOF'er at age 30, you were pretty damn good then.
    Yes
    14.63%
    No
    70.73%
    He's Borderline
    14.63%

he doesnt make it. not only is his accident eerily similar to what caused the death of diego corralles but so is his resume.
    Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 05-29-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      he doesnt make it. not only is his death eerily similar to diego corralles but so is his resume.
      he died........?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        he died........?
        my fault. i meant his accident. ill edit it

Comment

I feel bad saying this but i dont think he should, just didnt do enough and its a shame because who knows how much more he could have done.

Comment

he doesnt make it. not only is his death eerily similar to diego corralles but so is his resume.
            Would you say Corrales had better wins than Winky, Martinez and the version of Margarito Paul fought?

I think Corrales wins over Castillo and Freitas were really good, his best wins, but they're not as good as Winky, Martinez, or 2007 Margarito.

Though I agree, neither will probably make it.

Comment

my fault. i meant his accident. ill edit it
              I dont think neither are HOF's but I have Chico rated higher than Williams. However, I think most sports HOF's suck. I think they should only be reserved for the elite. Not the hall of very good but only for the greats.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Would you say Corrales had better wins than Winky, Martinez and the version of Margarito Paul fought?

I think Corrales wins over Castillo and Freitas were really good, his best wins, but they're not as good as Winky, Martinez, or 2007 Margarito.

Though I agree, neither will probably make it.
                Dont forget Casamayor. I also dont know if I put a ton of stock in that Winky win as much as I love Winky. Margarito is also another one of those wins where its like half of me gives him alot of credit and half of me thinks Margarito is one of the most overhyped boxers you will ever see

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  I feel bad saying this but i dont think he should, just didnt do enough and its a shame because who knows how much more he could have done.
                  I dont think he wouldve ever reached his ceiling strictly because I dont think Peterson is a good trainer. I think he held him back alot

Comment

without a question in my opinion. this guy accomplished a boat load of success considering many fighters refused to fight him. i still remember seeing an interview with sugar shane mosley saying that paul williams would be the last guy he would like to face. this guy wanted all the big fights but always had a hard time getting them into the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X