Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquaio becoming more and more irrelevant?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
    Not irrelevamt no. Fading? Yes I think so. Pac's overall style does not lend itself to longevity. We've seen this again and again in boxing history. Time catches a Pac type of fighter before a Floyd.
    I believe the point of this thread is to highlight that people no longer believe Pac can beat Mayweather which is the idea that made him relevant (that he could beat Floyd).

People no longer believe the hype. Even Pacs biggest fans are saying Pac is not prime which is there justification of why he won't beat floyd.

He's becoming more and more irrelevant as each fight passes that does not involve Mayweather, the name that blew up pacs name as being the man that could finally beat Mayweather.
    Last edited by WESS; 04-14-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• you making a thread about him says he isnt irrelevant

Comment

• Just popping in here again to say some of you guys are ******ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          you making a thread about him says he isnt irrelevant
          That is funny though. However I think his intent was that Pac is not as relevant as it was when people actually thought he could beat floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
            That is funny though. However I think his intent was that Pac is not as relevant as it was when people actually thought he could beat floyd.
            Dont twist will ya? You like talking about Pac so he is relevant to whatever reason it is you are talking about him. Alis not capable now, but he is relevant cos u like what he did in the past. You dont talk about Ali about not being relevant just cos he can hardly move now and isnt a contender to todays heavyweights.

Pac is past it slightly but that is good enough to beat Floyd and people do think Pac can beat Floyd. How do you know Floyd can beat Pac when hes taking these layoffs we dont know how good Floyd is and can only guess. So people are writing Pac off agaist Floyd cos he hasa bad performance........even though thats likely if you fight often something Floyd dont do. So irrelavant is a bad choice of words to get a message across.

So how can you put a reason for having irrelevant in the same sentence as Pac but not Ali? Its discrimination at its most blatant but the TS probably wasnt smart enough to realise. Sorry i wont say people arent smart enough, rather thinking with heart, rather than head.
            Last edited by hugh grant; 04-14-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• I really don't take these butthurt threads coming from the usual jealous Floyd apologists seriously.

First of all, Pacquaio hasn't been in explosive fights because there's just none out there who would fight him like they want to beat him with the exception of Margarito. It's even funny to me that a guy they call overrated and amateurish is always expected to dominate in a superman-like fashion. Anything less is unacceptable. And here's this famous counterpuncher who they call one of the best is just expected to do survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                I believe the point of this thread is to highlight that people no longer believe Pac can beat Mayweather which is the idea that made him relevant (that he could beat Floyd).

People no longer believe the hype. Even Pacs biggest fans are saying Pac is not prime which is there justification of why he won't beat floyd.

He's becoming more and more irrelevant as each fight passes that does not involve Mayweather, the name that blew up pacs name as being the man that could finally beat Mayweather.
                Well I was Impressed with Pac before he tied himself to Mayweather by facing common opponents. His sheer energy and dynamic strength was something to behold. So is not necessarily being number one in a sport now considered grounds for being irrelevant? Irrelevant to me means you don't check for them and I definitely still check Pac fights.

Comment

Working...
                X