Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rafael Marquez beats Izzy and then fights Lopez how's that gonna make JMM look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Rafael Marquez beats Izzy and then fights Lopez how's that gonna make JMM look?

This is a serious question because I know with as much as I bash Juan Ma Lopez for being a ducker, Rafael Marquez fighting him would put JMM to shame given the fact that JMM seems like he has turned his back on his legacy and the fans by fighting a pointless rematch with Juan Diaz.

There was a question yesterday about JMM being an ATG, and to me he has never been dominant in one weight division like his brother has. Rafa has a sick res at 118 with KO wins over Mabuza, Austin, and Johnson. If it wasn't for his KO losses and the fact that he never avenged his loss to Genaro Garcia while Garcia was top 5 at Bantam, I'd rank Rafael Marquez over JMM any day of the week. His resume speaks for itself.

you've got a point there. although, you have to admit, even putting pac out of the picture, beating casamayor and diaz at lightweight way over his natural weight class and well into his 30s is pretty impressive

Comment

Originally posted by prometheuslord View Post
      you've got a point there. although, you have to admit, even putting pac out of the picture, beating casamayor and diaz at lightweight way over his natural weight class and well into his 30s is pretty impressive
      Good wins, but not great. Diaz lost to Nate Campell who is not that good himself. Casamayor was on the skids and a lot more shot than JMM was at the time they fought. Rafael has a better resume than JMM does and it will only get better if he some how beats Lopez.

Comment

i think barrera + casa + diaz > mabuza + austin + johnson

but put lopez in the mix and that might change

Comment

Originally posted by prometheuslord View Post
          i think barrera + casa + diaz > mabuza + austin + johnson

but put lopez in the mix and that might change
          The Barrera-JMM fight was close though even though I had JMM winning.

Comment

Why JMM, he isn't in the same weight class even and you could have really picked any top fighter couldn't you have?

JMM is off of the 1st decisive loss in his career, and he is taking what should be a tough fight still but a win for him.

Its not a softy or a gimmie fight either.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Why JMM, he isn't in the same weight class even and you could have really picked any top fighter couldn't you have?

JMM is off of the 1st decisive loss in his career, and he is taking what should be a tough fight still but a win for him.

Its not a softy or a gimmie fight either.
              You don't seem to get the point. Juan Diaz does nothing for his legacy. And I consider Rafael Marquez to be a lot more battle torn than his brother and he is still willing to go out with a bang it appears. I heard him say he wants to fight Lopez if he gets past Vasquez which I think he will.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                You don't seem to get the point. Juan Diaz does nothing for his legacy. And I consider Rafael Marquez to be a lot more battle torn than his brother and he is still willing to go out with a bang it appears. I heard him say he wants to fight Lopez if he gets past Vasquez which I think he will.
                We have no idea how Rafa and Izzy will even look forget about if either could hang with a young strong kid like Juanma at this point.....

I want to see how they look 1st before judging what a future win against a fighter I am not sure either can beat would do for their careers.

Also its not fair to penalize JMM for his style, his tendency is to counter and its what he does best and throughout his career has made him successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  We have no idea how Rafa and Izzy will even look forget about if either could hang with a young strong kid like Juanma at this point.....

I want to see how they look 1st before judging what a future win against a fighter I am not sure either can beat would do for their careers.

Also its not fair to penalize JMM for his style, his tendency is to counter and its what he does best and throughout his career has made him successful.
                  Who is penalizing JMM for his counter punching style? The fact that he has never been KOd and won titles in three weight divisions is something that probably still has him ranked over his baby brother. But Rafael's wins are still more quality in my opinion. I also like the fact he is working with Zaragoza instead of Beristain. I don't want to see Rafael get hurt. But if he wants to fight Lopez and some other young guns in the division I'm not stopping him. Nacho probably would though if he was still his trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    This is a serious question because I know with as much as I bash Juan Ma Lopez for being a ducker, Rafael Marquez fighting him would put JMM to shame given the fact that JMM seems like he has turned his back on his legacy and the fans by fighting a pointless rematch with Juan Diaz.

There was a question yesterday about JMM being an ATG, and to me he has never been dominant in one weight division like his brother has. Rafa has a sick res at 118 with KO wins over Mabuza, Austin, and Johnson. If it wasn't for his KO losses and the fact that he never avenged his loss to Genaro Garcia while Garcia was top 5 at Bantam, I'd rank Rafael Marquez over JMM any day of the week. His resume speaks for itself.
                    Time to put you down w/ the swiftness.

I'm sick of you talking about JMM like he's some cherry picking candy assed, HBO *****.

I don't like the Diaz rematch one bit because its obviously gonna result in an obvious PWN for JMM.

But!

To suggest that he's somehow been taking it easy lately is bull**** and you know it.

He just got jobbed by Mayweather and GBP into fighting that ******* at at cw which he didn't even make.

Before that he went the most hardcore 24 rounds w/ Pac that anyone ever has, he beat Juarez when Juarez was actually considered a hot prospect. The same Juarez that beat Barrera in the first fight, he whooped Barrera, he k.o'd Casa, who may have been past prime but so was ****ing JMM.

He was 35 or so when he beat Casa.

And yeah, Nate Campbell beat Juan Diaz, but JMM k.o'd him severely!!!

And this was not after Diaz lost to Campbell but after Diaz had a nice rebound win where he outboxed the crap out of Katsidis.

Never been done, and JMM did it all while being old as ****.

If you wanna go further back, the Jaendeng and Jaca fights were both against tough, young, skilled guys. Especially Jaca.

And I had him beating John 116-111.

I know you make your bones on BS taking cherry pickers to task, but JMM doesn't belong in your cross hairs.

Your best critique is of Dawson, Berto and that bum Juanma Lopez.

Stick to them and leave a gallant warrior like JMM out of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X