Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather: A WAR OR TACTICAL MATCH?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd would jab and set up the straight right hand all night. He will throw that counter left hook over Pac's right. That in and out motion will not work on Floyd because it would be timed by the jab. Floyd has several inches in reach advantage and that would make Manny have to woek even harder to get in. Once in gets in then Floyd has moved again leaving Manny frustrated and banging his gloves together telling Floyd come on and fight me. Floyd would laugh and not oblige and continue to outbox and outthink a clueless Pacquaio. Freddie Roach will scream son u need to listen to me and Manny will be all glassey eyed looking in space talking about "what have u and Bob Arum got me into? This guy is a magician or something? He is hitting me then I can't find him" Freddie will then say "you have had enough son at least u still have a life in politics"

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
      Thats quite the wet dream you had. In reality, Mayweather will make Pacman look like an ordinary fighter.

In reality, you will have an alt the next day

Originally posted by joeboy1983 View Post
      The post does contridite it's self..if floyd starts looking like a stud countering pac..only 2 things can happens..pac will stop throwing punches out of frustration or he'll throw even more and keeep gettin countered..just my opinion, not hating

so in your opinion only 2 things can happen? not hating but that's a rather limited way of thinking...especially in boxing where anything can happen

i saw PAC getting schooled by flyweight champ Chatchai Sasakul for the first 5-6 rounds of their bout but the relentless pressure eventually broke the thai fighter down

if that fight ever gets signed, i can see Floyd breaking down....and the fight becoming a rout

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingHistory View Post
        Floyd would jab and set up the straight right hand all night. He will throw that counter left hook over Pac's right. That in and out motion will not work on Floyd because it would be timed by the jab. Floyd has several inches in reach advantage and that would make Manny have to woek even harder to get in. Once in gets in then Floyd has moved again leaving Manny frustrated and banging his gloves together telling Floyd come on and fight me. Floyd would laugh and not oblige and continue to outbox and outthink a clueless Pacquaio. Freddie Roach will scream son u need to listen to me and Manny will be all glassey eyed looking in space talking about "what have u and Bob Arum got me into? This guy is a magician or something? He is hitting me then I can't find him" Freddie will then say "you have had enough son at least u still have a life in politics"
        pac took cottos jab away which i thought was going to help cotto against pac but boy was i wrong

Comment

Floyd just out boxes him and uses all Pacs mistakes against him.

Comment

[QUOTE=kali08;7669335]pacquiao would probably come out attacking but i don't see mayweather returning shots because mayweather is not really a counter puncher , he's more of a jab jab jab and maybe a right hand type of fighter , I don't think he has great defense and it will probably be exploited in the Mosley fight but I still think he'll get a decision win!!! as for the fight against pacquiao he would probably crumble under pacquiaos pressure which would end up in a KO win for pacquiao!!![/QUOTE

I continued to read for you to say something like "i'm being sarcastic" but it never came..your in titled to your opinion..that stuff might fly on here but please don't say any of that in the barber shop or to your friends, they'll try to clown you, Not trying to be mean just giving you the heads up. good luck in future post!

Comment

Pac is good with angles and fast with his combos. That being said, Pac is only effective against fighters that come straight forward and dont move their head. JMM used his superb counterpunching ability and foot movement to keep Pac at bay. Whenever JMM stood still Pac was able to use his quick hands to get through JMM's guard. Pacs excellent left hook is a monster but he has to be in close. Sadly Pac is very predicatable and against a supreme boxer like Floyd who counterpunches way better than JMM, Pac will get frustrated. Pac has to lunge in the get to Floyd because of his 5 inch reach disadvantage. We all know Floyd wont fight leaning in like Cotto, so PAc will have to work to get inside. When Pac goes to throw his vintage 3 or 4 combo Floyd will just step back or to the side like he's supposed to & counter to the body or with the straight right. The only way Pac can win is to TRY to set traps for Floyd which is almost impossible. Pacs needs to catch Floyd and hurt him then try to knock him out. Everyone keeps underestimating Floyds offense and thats such a horrible mistake. Floyd CAN Ko Pac but it would be with an accumulation of punches, he's just not the type of fighter that goes for the Ko with every puch. Skill for skill this fight wont be the mega fight we all hope for because Floyd will outclasss Pac.. and it wont be hard. I hope it is but...as a fan of Pac and Floyd i'm looking at the tactical aspect of this fight and its a nightmare for Pac. Just my oppinion. Good luck to both fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                In reality, you will have an alt the next day

so in your opinion only 2 things can happen? not hating but that's a rather limited way of thinking...especially in boxing where anything can happen

i saw PAC getting schooled by flyweight champ Chatchai Sasakul for the first 5-6 rounds of their bout but the relentless pressure eventually broke the thai fighter down

if that fight ever gets signed, i can see Floyd breaking down....and the fight becoming a rout

I personally didn't see that fight so I'm not gonna act like I know everything..i do know that he wasn't fighting Floyd.. Floyd seems to make everyone he fights throw fewer punches..the only reason I said what i said before is that when pac fought erik the first time and was getting countered he was very frustrated and threw less punches..if he does that against floyd he's gonna be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingHistory View Post
                  hahaha. good post.

"you have had enough son at least u still have a life in politics" roach probably thinks "not!" to that haha

Comment

Originally posted by joeboy1983 View Post
                    I personally didn't see that fight so I'm not gonna act like I know everything..i do know that he wasn't fighting Floyd.. Floyd seems to make everyone he fights throw fewer punches..the only reason I said what i said before is that when pac fought erik the first time and was getting countered he was very frustrated and threw less punches..if he does that against floyd he's gonna be in trouble.

the PAC that El Terrible faced in the first fight and the PAC now are night and day

as for Floyd dictating the pace of his fights, the same can be said for PAC and his opponents...it will be a battle of wills for a few rounds...i'll take the battle-tested fighter to impose his will as the fight wears on....

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler Sr View Post
                      pac took cottos jab away which i thought was going to help cotto against pac but boy was i wrong
                      I don't think he took it away. I just think Cotto went with another strategy. You have to be a discipline fighter. Floyd make adjustments but he will not abandon his jab if he feels that is something that creates distance. Floyd controls distance and he makes a fighter fight his fight. The jab sets up your punches so to abandon that is deadly. Mayweather is a technical fighter that understands this.

Comment

Working...
                      X