No announcement yet.

If Things Don't Go as Planned with Hatton Pac Floyd and Jmm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.B.moneY. View Post
    i personally dont think marquez-floyd will happen....does anybody else believe that?
    It may if Pac wins, if not then the only eventually big fight for him would be against Cotto, Mosley, or a notable WW.....and if Pac loses and his best options are at WW then a win over a LW like JMM is meaningless and gives him no more momentum then he had pre-retirement so why would he bother with that fight in that scenario.

Comment

it all depends on the outcomes as well...if pac destroys ricky...i think floyd may just go pac-floyd in december....and floyd will try to milk every dime out of that without doing a tuneup fight....if hatton wins and the marquez-floyd fight is not signed...i think marquez jumps on the opportunity to fight ricky....and imo floyd has 2 trains of thought here....a. i want to fight pac for the money it would bring....b. i want hatton to beat pac, it improves my legacy.

Comment

i think it would be better for the sport if it didnt go according to the master plan....boxing would suck if it became this predictable, like some think it is recently.
        Literally, not trying to rile you up. But your knack for enjoying the unliekly to happen, doesn't have anything to do with Hatton being an underdog, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Alright so the most looked forward to of future "Mega Fights" in addition to so called "Tuneups" depend on what happens with these 4 fighters. I understand what the ideal and decidedly most probable outcome of this is; Pac beats Hatton, Floyd fights and JMM and beats him then fights Pac in "The Super Mega Fight of All Time".....I get all of that, but we don't live in an ideal world and any thing can happen. Hatton actually does have a good chance of beating Pac and should he do this I think a proposed Floyd/JMM fight may be off. Notice Floyd isn't actually going to sign for a fight with him if he does at all until after the Hatton/Pac fight. If Pac loses, Floyd may have to rethink his options and JMM isn't just going to wait around for him to make up his mind, hes getting older and the clock is ticking. He may fight at top 140lb fight, most likely a belt holder either that or Pac again. Hatton/Floyd2 may not be where Floyd wants to go as there is not much demand for this so I don't know what both of those fighters would do now.....Does anyone have any ideas on the state of future fights if upcoming fights & deals don't go as they are "supposed" to?
          There is no way that Floyd will wait until after May 2nd to make a decision. He's either going to sign the JMM fight before then or he's going to "try" to go straight to the Pac-Hatton winner. He wont wait to sign because there is a very high chance that win or lose, both Pac & Hatton could fight JMM next. Thats why he will want to sign before that fight happeneds. If he doesnt sign then he has made up his mind to "try" to go straight to the Pac-Hatton winner. I keep highlighting the word "try" because at that point the Hatton-Pac winner can use JMM as a big barganing chip to make Floyd take less money which he wont do and instead may end up having to fight a top WW because the winner will be fighting JMM

Comment

If Hatton beats Pac then JMM won't fight Mayweather and it'll be Hatton V Marquez.

Comment

No way floyd signs before may 2nd....you watch

Comment

No way floyd signs before may 2nd....you watch
                Im not saying that he will. Im saying that if he doesnt then he doesnt want the JMM fight anymore because it will definatly be gone. If he really wants that fight then he will sign before then but if he doesnt then the means that he's going to "try" to go straight to the Pac-Hatton winner. Like the other poster said, if Hatton wins then he will definatly fight JMM. Thats why Floyd has to sign before that date. If Pac wins then he can go either way. I think they will want the big money with Floyd but him & Arum will argue over the terms so much that they may go with JMM also

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Im not saying that he will. Im saying that if he doesnt then he doesnt want the JMM fight anymore because it will definatly be gone. If he really wants that fight then he will sign before then but if he doesnt then the means that he's going to "try" to go straight to the Pac-Hatton winner. Like the other poster said, if Hatton wins then he will definatly fight JMM. Thats why Floyd has to sign before that date. If Pac wins then he can go either way. I think they will want the big money with Floyd but him & Arum will argue over the terms so much that they may go with JMM also
                  Well, then why wouldn't he just wait until after the may 2nd fight? Lets say he signs before and then Hatton wins, well what would be the point of him "tuning up" for Hatton a fight no one wants to see again? and a fight with Pac is out of the question because who wants to see Floyd fight Pac after Hatton had beaten him who had already been beaten by Floyd? As I said earlier the only lucrative fight if this scenario plays out is one at WW, and a JMM fights is then meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Well, then why wouldn't he just wait until after the may 2nd fight? Lets say he signs before and then Hatton wins, well what would be the point of him "tuning up" for Hatton a fight no one wants to see again? and a fight with Pac is out of the question because who wants to see Floyd fight Pac after Hatton had beaten him who had already been beaten by Floyd? As I said earlier the only lucrative fight if this scenario plays out is one at WW, and a JMM fights is then meaningless.
                    What do you mean? 1st off I dont think JMM is a tuneup at all. I think people heard that as a rumor and everyone ran with it. Even the reporter just said that a source from the Mayweather camp or a friend or something. Half the reporters are saying that JMM is the tuneup and the other half are saying that he was talking about a tuneup before JMM. I dont beleive he is looking at JMM as a tuneup. I beleive he just see's it as a good fight for good money before he can get to Pac. If Hatton wins then it still screws Floyd because Hatton will fight JMM. I agree that no one wants to see Floyd-Hatton but Floyd wouldve still fought him "after" JMM had Hatton won. My point is Floyd will want to sign the JMM because it cuts off both Pac & Hatton's main option. If they dont fight JMM then who else can they fight but Floyd? Anyone else they fight will be close to as hard if not harder then a Floyd fight but they will be doing it for a quarter of the money. If Floyd fights JMM now then he can take there main option away and force them to fight him. If he waits then they could both pick JMM next

Comment

Originally Posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
                      4 possible outcomes

Best
                      Mayweather Wins & Pacquiao Wins (Paquiao v Mayweather Mega fight)

Next Best
                      Pacquiao Wins & Marquez Wins (Pacquiao v Marquez III)

Next Best
                      Hatton Wins & Marquez Wins (Hatton v Marquez)

WORST
                      Mayweather wins & Hatton wins (noone wants to see Mayweather v Hatton II)
                      i agree with you buddy.
                      But i hope PBF and JMM wont fight.
                      so that both will be waiting for pacquiao mega bouts.

Comment

Working...
                      X