Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Says Ringstar is Ahead of The Golden Boy Curve in Year 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    Me, if I'm a multi-millionare then I wouldn't wanna work. **** that!
    If I got my money invested like Oscar does then I would definitely hire someone to run my business for me. **** working! I work now cause I have too but I'm not one of those people who say they love to work and would get bored if they didn't work. **** all that!
    I rather be partying, traveling, ****ing all kinds of b itches, and yes drinking and getting high.
    I'm just being real!
    Oscar has worked his ass off to were he doesn't have to work if he don't want too. If I'm in his shoes I wouldn't.
    Maybe at the time that's how he saw things. That's why he hired Richard to run his business for him.
    You might think I'm an idiot for thinking like that but I'm from the streets. A mother****er does me dirty like that then he's gonna get dealt with. That simple.
    But I definitely wouldn't work if I didn't have too
    it's 1 thing if you wanted to invest your money and then lay back while the business runs itself. But that wasn't Oscar's plan. He intended to be involved and work together with Schaefer. Everything that happened was because Oscar got caught slipping and let his addiction take priority and he left a dude that can't be trusted to run things solo. Chances are, if he wasn't on coke, he would've seen the writing on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      I like Richard Schaefer.
      Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      I like BIGPAPPAPUMP

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
        I will say this Schaefer has established a good foundation for his promotional company. He has signed solid prospects not just state side but internationally and his World Series of Boxing looks to be a smart investment.

However he's got a lot of nerve saying he's ahead of Golden Boy Promotions. That's a joke.

First of all his World Series of Boxing is not a good platform for someone who had a lot of experience that was a bad deal he got. His last 2 Fox Cards have been complete mismatches, and David Haye i'm assuming is his biggest star and he's second rate at best.

So here we go ahead taking shots when it's not warranted.
        What was Golden Boy doing in Yr 1, though?

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          it's 1 thing if you wanted to invest your money and then lay back while the business runs itself. But that wasn't Oscar's plan. He intended to be involved and work together with Schaefer. Everything that happened was because Oscar got caught slipping and let his addiction take priority and he left a dude that can't be trusted to run things solo. Chances are, if he wasn't on coke, he would've seen the writing on the wall.
          You have a point but I'm sure at the time Oscar thought he could trust Richard. That's why he hired him.
          Let me ask you this. Are you surprised that Richard hasn't been able to sign Fighters already established in Boxing?? Why would Jacobs sign with Eddie Hearn instead of Richard?
          Why is Al Haymon still using Dibella, TGB, and other promoters instead of just using RingStar for all his fighters?? Wasn't that the plan to begin with? To buy out Oscar and have all the fighters fight under Golden Boy promotions??
          See, Richard is finding out that not everyone in Boxing is gonna trust him now. Not boxers, not TV executives, not other promoters.
          He also ****ed himself in the process.

Comment

You have a point but I'm sure at the time Oscar thought he could trust Richard. That's why he hired him.
            Let me ask you this. Are you surprised that Richard hasn't been able to sign Fighters already established in Boxing?? Why would Jacobs sign with Eddie Hearn instead of Richard?
            Why is Al Haymon still using Dibella, TGB, and other promoters instead of just using RingStar for all his fighters?? Wasn't that the plan to begin with? To buy out Oscar and have all the fighters fight under Golden Boy promotions??
            See, Richard is finding out that not everyone in Boxing is gonna trust him now. Not boxers, not TV executives, not other promoters.
            He also ****ed himself in the process.
            he definitely has developed a reputation as being a snake. What I thought his grand plan was, he would run mayweather promotions and work closely with haymon. So basically same thing they were doing before but eliminating Oscar. Was surprised to see him open his own company.

Comment

he's probably all of those things. Still didn't do anything illegal.
              Nobody is talking about what he did is illegal. Everyone is saying you cant trust him

Comment

he definitely has developed a reputation as being a snake. What I thought his grand plan was, he would run mayweather promotions and work closely with haymon. So basically same thing they were doing before but eliminating Oscar. Was surprised to see him open his own company.
                Your mistaken actually.
                Richard presented Oscar with a contract to buy him out for $100 million dollars when Oscar was still in rehab. The contract stated that he could no longer use the Golden Boy image and it also named the people who was gonna buy him out and be the new owners of Golden Boy promotions. Those names included Richard and Al Haymon.
                That's when Oscar realized everything that was going on.
                So that plan never included Mayweather as an owner as far as I know. But that was the plan to begin with.
                For Richard and Al Haymon to be the new owners of Golden Boy promotions.
                So IDK why Al Haymon doesn't use Richard and RingStar to promote all his fights.
                I don't think they're that close as before. Or maybe Al Haymon doesn't trust Richard like he once did....
                IDK. But it's weird that at one point Al Haymon was all cool in running Golden Boy with Richard but that's changed obviously since Al Haymon seems to use Dibella and TGB for all his main fights.
                Richard did burn alot of bridges for himself

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  What was Golden Boy doing in Yr 1, though?
                  He's saying that he's ahead of Golden Boy right now.

And I don't agree. Again he's got a solid foundation for his company but he's not there's a good gap between both companies in my opinion.

Now year one post Schaefer for Golden Boy Promotions compared to Ring Star year one it's then I agree with you it's Ring Star.

Comment

Your mistaken actually.
                    Richard presented Oscar with a contract to buy him out for $100 million dollars when Oscar was still in rehab. The contract stated that he could no longer use the Golden Boy image and it also named the people who was gonna buy him out and be the new owners of Golden Boy promotions. Those names included Richard and Al Haymon.
                    That's when Oscar realized everything that was going on.
                    So that plan never included Mayweather as an owner as far as I know. But that was the plan to begin with.
                    For Richard and Al Haymon to be the new owners of Golden Boy promotions.
                    So IDK why Al Haymon doesn't use Richard and RingStar to promote all his fights.
                    I don't think they're that close as before. Or maybe Al Haymon doesn't trust Richard like he once did....
                    IDK. But it's weird that at one point Al Haymon was all cool in running Golden Boy with Richard but that's changed obviously since Al Haymon seems to use Dibella and TGB for all his main fights.
                    Richard did burn alot of bridges for himself
                    I didn't know about the offer to buy Oscar out. I do remember Schaefer having a non compete clause which is why I assumed he'd go to mayweather promotions once that ended. I had originally thought that this plan with haymon started a long time ago. Back when 50 cent opened up his promotional company while mayweather was in jail, 50 said the plan was for him and mayweather to makes moves without haymon. Then all of a sudden mayweather bailed on 50 without notice after 50 put up $ . I thought haymon got word and told Floyd of the whole plan to scam Oscar and then mayweather promotions along with haymon would take all those boxers over. That partially came true but most of those fighters stolen from. Golden boy operate without a promotor now.

Comment

The only thing Dick Chaeffer is ahead of is Don King, in line at the soup kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                      X