Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another British Stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referee should have stopped it after the second knockdown. The uppercut finished him which is why he got dropped twice shortly afterwards.

Swear some of you wont be happy until someone dies in the ring.

Comment

It is quite obvious that after the second knockdown in rnd 11 that AJ was going to win the fight anyway. Referee saved Wlad some damage, and it's clear he didn't complain. He'd had enough of being hit that hard late in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        WK was done after the first KD, let alone the second, let alone when he just staggered to the ropes and had AJ unleash on him
        Yea I wouldn't have complained if he stopped it after the first one. But why let the fight go on if you just stop it when nothing lands

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          By an American referee. Got no complaints about this stoppage. He should have stopped it after the second KD, Wlad legs were gone even after the first KD.
          Yea holy f#ck I agree. I thought for sure he was gonna stop it or stop it on the 2nd KD.

Honestly respect to all parties with this fight. Respect to Hearn for making such a great event (granted the undercard was kinda garbage, but you can't always pitch a perfect game, gonna give up some runs...as long as you win doe). Respect to Klitschko for giving his all in the ring. Respect to Joshua for pulling something out of his soul after that 6th round when he seemed dead to rights & his great post fight speech that mighta been a bit much for some, but was real f#cking solid & seemed very heartfelt & honest to me. And respect to all the fans in attendance who gave the home team & the away team much appreciation for their effort.

Boxing needs more shows exactly like this one (again minus that bs undercard lol...can't be a boxing fan & not complain about something...right).
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-29-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Yea I wouldn't have complained if he stopped it after the first one. But why let the fight go on if you just stop it when nothing lands
            I guess to see if something was coming back.

Comment

You're on drugs if you think this was an early stoppage.
              u must be a peasant scrub who had to catch choopy streams on an ****ty old computer monitor you blind silly boy if you could actually aforde to wach thas fighte you would see no punches landed on wvaldtali klitjghjcoko when hes was backed on the ropes

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel666 View Post
                u must be a peasant scrub who had to catch choopy streams on an ****ty old computer monitor you blind silly boy if you could actually aforde to wach thas fighte you would see no punches landed on wvaldtali klitjghjcoko when hes was backed on the ropes
                .... did anyone understand that?

Comment

.... did anyone understand that?
                  who is the druugs now you wimp

Comment

Scoring and stoppage were both "home town".
                    Joshua looked like a novice, Klitschko shot.
                    On that showing I'd take Wilder to KO Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                      Scoring and stoppage were both "home town".
                      Joshua looked like a novice, Klitschko shot.
                      On that showing I'd take Wilder to KO Joshua.
                      The fight was close, and close on the cards.

I'm surprised the ref let Wlad continue, arguably after each KD he looked incapable of continuing and defending himself.

Wilder has a punchers chance against anyone, but both Aj and WK beat him comfortably.

Comment

Working...
                      X