No announcement yet.

Fight night- diet and supplementation.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    thanks for the replies. Do any fighters use red bull/pre workout supps before fights?
    BCAA's and a good quality whey protein shake are the only thing I really do post workout.

I've seen people do monster & red bull but personally I can't stand the stuff, I find it so sugary and don't like it, it also has very little to zero nutrional values (also I have issues with a company that pay little to no tax) so boycott them

Comment

Both headonistic frog and princekool have good points in their arguments and remember 'science' is just the best guess we have until another theory with stronger evidence is provided.

everyone should eat organic where possible, source the best quality non processed meat/fish, stay away from refined sugar, fresh veg with every meal, Manage your portions (small and frequent meals) and drink lots of water

Remember that and you will be on the right path

Comment

Heres a scientific study on the matter that summarizes this topic well for those who are interested.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4672015/

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          I would suggest fighters eat plenty of carbohydrates and saturated fat! before a fight. Saturated fat contains allot of energy way more than carbohydrates per gram! (And then of course throw some form of protein source! preferable white meat or fish)...

You recommend eating honey which is 100% sugar and eating saturated fat... smh

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
            BCAA's and a good quality whey protein shake are the only thing I really do post workout.

I've seen people do monster & red bull but personally I can't stand the stuff, I find it so sugary and don't like it, it also has very little to zero nutrional values (also I have issues with a company that pay little to no tax) so boycott them
            Good point about the protein shake, also red bulls and pre workouts are not that great for boxing, because you need your heartbeat to be on the low side, you will wear yourself more with energy drinks and pre workouts as you will have higher heartbeats.

Comment

Originally posted by HedonisticFrog View Post
              Seriously? Youre right and im wrong? Thats all you have? Then you just repeat yourself.

Fats are made up of lipids. Lipids arent glucose, theyre not made up of glucose, theyre lipids. Your cell membranes are made of lipids, not glucose. Find me any source that says fat is made up of glucose. Anything at all. You cant just say its scientific fact, it isnt at all.

Heres a diagram to help you out with how carbohydrates and fats are metabolized. Notice how the carbohydrates section has glucose in it and the fats section doesnt.

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...4eww3DyWes14Kg.
              http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.c...eogenesis.html

Gluconeogenesis is biological function where your body CAN break down non carbohydrate sources into GLUCOSE! None carbohydrates sources like protein and fats! This glucose can then be used for anaerobic or aerobic energy metabolism! This further proves that I was completely right when I stated? (That fat can be broken down into Glucose!) And you was completely wrong! If humans did not have this ability we would die on a low carbohydrate diet!)……

You have made a mistake on this thread, and this is ok! I fell off my bicycle when I was 3 years old (Just deal with it and move on!)…

Glucose Can Be Synthesized from Non-carbohydrate Precursors! Such as glycerol which is a molecule that fatty acids contain!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22591/

Diagram shows how Fatty Acids can be metabolize into Glucose.

But primarily you should not be using fats as your first choice of energy! because it has to go through more stages of metabolism...(That is why put a major emphasis on consuming Carbohydrates! JUST LIKE YOU DID!) Fats are more efficiently used for hormone production, such as producing hormones like testosterone (As I have explained in my earlier posts!)…..

This debate is now completely over!
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-24-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.c...eogenesis.html

Gluconeogenesis is biological function where your body CAN break down non carbohydrate sources into GLUCOSE! None carbohydrates sources like protein and fats! This glucose can then be used for anaerobic or aerobic energy metabolism! This further proves that I was completely right when I stated? (That fat can be broken down into Glucose!) And you were completely wrong! If humans did not have this ability we would die on a low carbohydrate diet!)……

You have made a mistake on this thread, and this is ok! I fell off my bicycle when I was 3 years old (Just deal with it and move on!)…

Glucose Can Be Synthesized from Non-carbohydrate Precursors! Such as glycerol which is a molecule that fatty acids contain!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22591/

Diagram shows how Fatty Acids can be metabolize into Glucose.

But primarily you should not be using fats as your first choice of energy! because it has to through more stages of metabolism...(That is why put a major emphasis on consuming Carbohydrates! JUST LIKE YOU DID!) Fats are more efficiently used for hormone production, such as producing hormones like testosterone (As I have explained in my earlier posts!)…..

This debate is now completely over!
                Fat has to be converted into glucose, not broke. Down into glucose. This takes time and isnt what your body uses while exercising.

Gluconeogenesis is only used if your glycogen stores are completely depleted and your blood sugar is low. You will never use this to replenish your glycogen stores. You have to eat almost no carbohydrates at all to even have this happen.

Its not relevant to exercise and prepping for a fight night. Your body will never use gluconeogenesis for glusoce production for high intensity exercise.

When your glycogen stores are depleted you simply metabolize fat directly for energy and it isnt converted to glucose. This isnt gluconeogenesis. Its called aerobic metabolism.

Youve been condescending and wrong repeatedly. Get off your high horse.

Comment

Working...
                X