Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "America is not a country, Its a Business" - Killing them Softly

That's capitalism for you.

Comment

Please dont quite that garbage ass movie, worst movie i've ever watch in theaters

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        That's capitalism for you.
        one capitalist got some explainin...

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Please dont quite that garbage ass movie, worst movie i've ever watch in theaters
        i have to admit its a talky slow movie...

Comment

From what I read...it's a Pro-Obama, leftist movie made by a rich new zealand liberal.

Comment

Brad Pitt’s “Killing Them Softly” Movie OD’s on Obama Propaganda

December 2, 2012 | Filed under: Florida Review | Posted by: Javier Manjarres

by Javier Manjarres

Over the weekend a few friends of mine asked me if I wanted to go to the movies and check out The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2. However a few of us in the group (only the guys) insisted in seeing the new Brad Pitt hitman movie “Killing Them Softly.”

Because The Twilight Saga was more of a ‘chick-flick’, the guys in the group overruled the babes so we wound up seeing Brad Pitt’s latest offering. However this decision turned out to be the wrong one, as it was apparent right from the outset that we had made a mistake.

As the opening credits rolled, the background audio was that of President Barack Obama giving his 2008 election night victory speech. The setting for the movie was some dilapidated and deserted city- the movie never identified which city the movie was filmed in.

Throughout the movie, whenever there was a TV set in the scene- in a bar, a restaurant, wherever- images of Obama giving speeches were featured. In addition, whenever there was a scene where the car radio was playing, excerpts of other Obama speeches were played. In one instance, an excerpt of George W. Bush giving his explanation for the TARP bailout of 2008 was played. In sum, these political “product placements” amounted to a not-so-subtle dosage of pro-Obama pop culture propaganda.

At one point in the movie, Pitt is negotiating the cost of a contract ‘hit’, but he laments the fact that his price has dropped because of the “state of the economy” for all reasons. Gee, who knew that black market services weren’t recession proof?

Pitt, who is one of the movie’s producers as well as an outspoken liberal perhaps felt the need to make the point that even hitmen were also victims of the “Bush” economic downturn.

While the movie’s story line was cerebral and took a while to develop, it turned out to be a somewhat entertaining movie- but the producers should have refrained from littering the movie with far too many instances of pro-Obama propaganda.

If you’re given the choice, I’d pass on this Obama propaganda/Bush bashing movie.

Comment

'Killing Them Softly' Review: Anti-Capitalist Drumbeat Dilutes Gritty Gangster Yarn

Then writer/director Andrew Dominik and producer/star Brad Pitt tag team on us, turning a simple tale into a hopelessly cluttered one, filled with Tarantino-esque indulgences and, far worse, a crude subtext blasting American capitalism. Dontcha love getting lectured on greed by artists who earn a fortune while doing the lecturing?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...-softly-review

Comment

'Killing Them Softly' Review: Gangster Tale Doubles Down on Capitalism Critiques

The concept of organized crime as a dark mirror image of American capitalism was firmly established in "The Godfather" 40 years ago. But it seems to be a hot new idea for writer-director Andrew Dominik, who beats it to death throughout his new movie, "Killing Them Softly."

The picture is a talky noir set in the meltdown year of 2008. It’s littered with Obama campaign sound bites and radio bank-bailout reports, and the thudding political allegory keeps poking you in the face while you’re trying to keep track of the story.
                http://reason.com/archives/2012/11/3...ng-them-softly

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

This is the worst movie I ever saw in theaters.

O.k. finished thread-jacking

Comment

I enjoyed Killing Them Softly. Brad Pitt was solid, I feel like people thought it was going to be some sort of action film judging by the previews. Well if you'd seen "The Assassination of Jesse James.....", which was the same director, you'd have known better.

Audiences hated it, critics gave it solid reviews. It was a solid film in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X