No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fernando Guerrero Hopes To Land Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fernando Guerrero Hopes To Land Gennady Golovkin

Earlier BoxingScene’s Rick Reeno reported both Gabriel Rosado and Fernando Guerrero are being considered as opponents for WBA Middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin for an HBO fight on January 19th from Madison Square Garden in New York.

BoxingScene spoke to Fernando Guerrero who is coming off a 6th round TKO win over JC Candelo and was asked if would be interested in taking on Golovkin should the opportunity be presented to him. Guerrero surprisingly doesn’t know much about Golovkin and first heard about the possibility of fighting him when I spoke to him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Guerrero but if he wants to fight a couple more times he should stay far away from Golovkin.

Comment

Guerrero is just physically strong and conditioned, but no real pop or skill or anything special, he got stopped by a washed up Brewer and thats just ****ed up lool I think he needs to stay the hell away from Golovkin but props to him for even wanting the step up cuz GGG aint got no1 to fight right now anyways might as well make this happen and get his name out there. GGG by late stoppage

Comment

Best of luck if he does land the shot.....

Comment

Are you freaking kidding me, Guerrero is supposed to be a MW contender and he hasn't heard of Golovkin??? How can you not be aware of the top talent in your weight division?

Comment

For GGG....Guerrero, Rosado (and Rubio) are perfect. All solid..two of them are prime and somewhat close to earning a shot at 154 or 160...but most importantly for GGG, all three of them have decent regional following. Rosado and Guerrero will bring fans on the east coast so that's good. IMO, this is how GGG can ensure he stays on HBO and garner a quick following...by going anywhere and fighting hometown guys and picking up fans asap.

Get some steam behind the next MW title fight with Geale hopefully, and then put pressure on Sergio once he brings some monetary benefits to the table.

Fernando looked alright in his last fight, I think his defense has looked a little more solid than before even though his opponent was older. Could turn into an awkward fight and might be something GGG needs before a potential Sergio fight

Comment

GGG by KO in 3... But props to Guerrero if he really means what he says. No one wants to fight Gennady, including me... not for 100.000 euro

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                For GGG....Guerrero, Rosado (and Rubio) are perfect. All solid..two of them are prime and somewhat close to earning a shot at 154 or 160...but most importantly for GGG, all three of them have decent regional following. Rosado and Guerrero will bring fans on the east coast so that's good. IMO, this is how GGG can ensure he stays on HBO and garner a quick following...by going anywhere and fighting hometown guys and picking up fans asap.

Get some steam behind the next MW title fight with Geale hopefully, and then put pressure on Sergio once he brings some monetary benefits to the table.

Fernando looked alright in his last fight, I think his defense has looked a little more solid than before even though his opponent was older. Could turn into an awkward fight and might be something GGG needs before a potential Sergio fight
                Please forgive my ignorance (if you want to call it that) but I just don't see what's so special about GGG other than he has pop! I mean I see no speed and even his jab is nothing to talk about. Seriously, you people talk about Sergio and I'm thinking he'll dance circles around this dude. I mean who has he fought....a few tomato cans here and there? I don't see anyone that really pops out in his resume. Why all the praise? Can someone please tell me what he has done.....someone please. He may have potential but that's about it right now. And I'm not saying that Fernando is anything special either but people talk about this guy like is the second coming of Jesus or something....please!

Comment

Didn't he get whooped by Grady Brewer?? What does he think GGG will do to his ass?? Smh...

Comment

I rather see Rosado over Guerrero. Guerrero sucks ass. His last fight was painful to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X