Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george benton View Post
    Dawson is alot better win then beating Chavez Jr.Martinez beating Chavez would be more gratifying but not a better win
    I agree with that but if Martinez dominates Chavez Jr and stops him you can't just take him out of that 3rd spot unlles Ward dominates Dawson and I think that will not happen since Ward-Dawson is a 50-50 fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      I agree with that but if Martinez dominates Chavez Jr and stops him you can't just take him out of that 3rd spot unlles Ward dominates Dawson and I think that will not happen since Ward-Dawson is a 50-50 fight IMO.
      I agree and am happy we have 2 great fights coming up and pray nothing stops them from happening especially how crazy this year has been

Comment

Yes. He's probably top 1-3 right now.

Comment

If he fought anyone decent since winning the Super 6 I would say he deserves consideration, so if he beats a guy like Dawson he certainly would deserve that consideration but fighting just once this year really isn't enough to overtake the top guys~
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 07-29-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Honestly, no. As much as I like Ward this doesn't do much for him, we're talking about one of if not the biggest LHW going down 7 pounds, that's not healthy. I still have Ward second on my P4P list, I see him taking the number 1 spot soon.

Comment

It seems like a lot of people are just assuming Ward will beat Dawson. Not really sure why Dawson has so little regard around here.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                It seems like a lot of people are just assuming Ward will beat Dawson. Not really sure why Dawson has so little regard around here.

Poet
                Because people think he will have to sacrifice a limb to get to 168~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Because people think he will have to sacrifice a limb to get to 168~
                  Sure, if he wrecks himself to make 168 then Ward is a shoo-in. But don't you think it might be better to wait until the weigh-in to see if that's indeed the case instead of just assuming dropping the weight will emaciate him?

Poet

Comment

Poet

Probably cuz he lost of Pascal. And his style is unappealing to many. That would be my guess.

Comment

Sure, if he wrecks himself to make 168 then Ward is a shoo-in. But don't you think it might be better to wait until the weigh-in to see if that's indeed the case instead of just assuming dropping the weight will emaciate him?

Poet
                      Exactly. The story will be told at the weigh-in.

Although, I get the feeling that even if he is healthy at 168 and Ward happens to beat him, the weight will be used as an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X