Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody drop the ball more than Allan Green??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
    De La Hoya is on another level then Green but he managed to lose all his biggest fights: Mosley, Trinidad, Hopkins, Mayweather, Pacquiao. De La Hoya was great but when he fought the greatest he lost. Ok he was robbed against Trinidad but i think he lost against Stürm so it more or less evens out...

Lacy yeah he fücked up against Calzaghe, Taylor and Jones and in his latest fight he even lost to a guy with a 23-19-7 record... I don't think Lacy was so good to begin with, he had his left hook but Calzaghe probably took that away forever when he destroyed Lacy's rotator cuff.
    It may interest you to know that Trinidad stated that after rd 6 he changed his game and got closer to Oscar. Also, of the last 5 rounds, 2 judges gave all 5 to Trinidad, and the 3rd judge gave 4. I also recall the reports which said that he was 4-2 down by the end of the
    6th rd.

I've watched this fight at least 5-6 times, and I always see Trinidad as the winner, just as Moseley scraped through in the last 6 in his second fight with Oscar. He concetrated on body punching, and it was almost sickening to watch, expecting to see Mosley's fist come out through Oscar's back. Oscar's almost chest high protector, even, didn't help him, and the body beating made him crouch over more and more to protect himself. One thing I must say, Oscar could take it, had a great chin, and, although vulnerable too the body, manged to stay on his feet in the second half of that 2nd Mosley fight, even though he was mostly moving backwards.

Not running away like he was against Trinidad, I don't think he ever wanted to do that sort of thing again.

Comment

Rocky Juarez, the guy who was born with a 4-leaf clover up his @$$...

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
        All he does is lose lose lose no matter what...

-impressive ko against Jaidon
        -shoulda beat Miranda but got clowned and forced back
        - doesn't fight Bute
        -huge oppurtunity to be in the super six......
        -goes shopping for comic books and shoes on camera
        -outmatched against Ward but doesnt do anything the whole fight, falling asleep
        -shoulda beat Johnson and got sonned and embarassed.
        What the ****? is there something wrong with that?

Comment

Zab judah or rocky juarez are possibly worse... these two have been recycled more that a chicken-head

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
            I think he was asking the ref who would win if SpiderMan fought BatMan...
            lmao!

nah but honestly Green tried his best, mentally when a fighter runs out of answers and confidence in a fight they do more thinking instead of fighting, it's a common thing and in some fighters you just see when they lose the conviction in their punches, when they punch to keep you off rather than knock you out and I think that's what happened with Green.

frustration set in with the Ward fight and utter confusion with Johnson, he literally did not know what to do to keep him off, had no answers and fought more to hold Johnson off than to push him back and execute an offense of his own, once a fighter hits that point in the fight it's as hard as it will ever be to get the W

I want to see how he looks against Dhafir, it will be a good chance to see what he has left in his Boxing career, they're giving him a tough guy but someone who on paper he should beat much like Lacy but I don't know what the **** happened there, still haven't watched that fight I gotta DL it, don't know about y'all but I want to see that one

Comment

I'm not Green fan but to be fair I thought Johnson hit him in the back of the head and he was trying to protest to the ref, and rightfully so. But Johnson was winning that fight anyways.

I wouldn't call the Johnson loss a KTFO, I wouldn't be happy about TKO'ing some one from a blow to the back of the head. But oh well, KD's to the back of the head are counted in the U.S. unlike in Canada when your opponent is Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                Zab judah or rocky juarez are possibly worse... these two have been recycled more that a chicken-head
                Zab Judah has a win over an undefeated Junior Witter at 140, and a TKO win over Cory Spinks at WW to become The Ring champion. That is more than Allan Green can say he's done. Plus Zab Judah always puts up a fight win or lose.

Wins over Corley, Matthysse, and Mabuza are pretty good wins at 140 as well. Let's face it, Judah's losses came at a weight he clearly does not belong. Spinks at WW, Baldomir at WW, Mayweather at WW, Cotto at WW, and Clottey at WW. You compare that to only that loss against Tszyu at 140 which was his only loss at 140, it's clear he's better at 140 than at 147.

Zab Judah is 40 something-1 at Junior Welterweight. The only other recent 140 pounder who had a better record at 140 was Ricky Hatton with 45-1 at 140.

Rocky Juarez is a bum.

Comment

He did indeed get hit on the back of the head against Johnson.

Still no excuse for how he fought against Ward, tho.

Comment

Working...
                  X