No announcement yet.

The Controversy is Gonzalez not Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
    I think Chocolatito has a much better argument for being robbed last night than Jacobs.
    That's subjective for sure and I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
      soul_survivor clearly was aboard the hype train. Roman Gonzalez clearly lost last night. I was expecting the Thai to get screwed out. Last nights judging was refreshing after so many bad/controversial decisions.
      he's a terrible poster, there was no controversy with the gonzalez fight he was fairly beaten

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        you had the fight 8-4 for RG?.....jesus christ , you don't have the right to criticize other's scorecards with that BS, sorry!
        he also had the nerve to claim me saying jacobs won was trolling to

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I think another point should have been taken away from the headbutts. It was excesisve and beyond accidental.

And yeah, Gonzalez was clearly the superior fighter in there, whereas the other other was a physical trheat, strong enough to push RG back and grab him and out muscle him but pushing, headbutts and hugs dont win fights. Punches do.

RG threw more and landed more.
          I agree ....i thought gonzalez deserved the win and his punch variation and timing which for me easily outweighed the crude often missing punches by the thai......i feel gonzalez also had the added disadvantage that blood was streaming down his face and into his eyes a good 6 rounds.
          His opponent was very clever with his head and although the head clashes looked innocent i did see him step inside quite a few times with his head after throwing a punch.
          Shame a great fighter loses that unbeaten record in such a tough situation with blood impairing your vision

Comment

So we've gone from black bias to latin bias lol

C'mon guys, the comments you're making about the fights are beyond the relaity of what one seens when watching the fight and beyond what the vast majority viewing and scoring the fight also thinks.

You just make yourselves look stupid.
            You do that to yourself whenever you post.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
              soul_survivor clearly was aboard the hype train. Roman Gonzalez clearly lost last night. I was expecting the Thai to get screwed out. Last nights judging was refreshing after so many bad/controversial decisions.
              Where was the last time you saw me hyping Gonzalez?

Anyway, views on this site are majorly scewed. The majority that watched the bout, including numerous publications, had RG winning. I think maybe watching the fight late at night and drunk is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                I agree ....i thought gonzalez deserved the win and his punch variation and timing which for me easily outweighed the crude often missing punches by the thai......i feel gonzalez also had the added disadvantage that blood was streaming down his face and into his eyes a good 6 rounds.
                His opponent was very clever with his head and although the head clashes looked innocent i did see him step inside quite a few times with his head after throwing a punch.
                Shame a great fighter loses that unbeaten record in such a tough situation with blood impairing your vision
                Yeah, no idea how another point was not deducted. The ref did a pretty **** job tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                  That's subjective for sure and I disagree.
                  I'll rewatch the fights eventually. I'll admit I'm a little more biased towards Gonzalez than either GGG or Jacobs, but hey, it's a boxing forum. It wouldn't be fun of we all agreed all the time.

Comment

I watched the fights earlier, without having known teh results before hand and I thought the controversy would be the undercard bout not the main event. GGG won that clearly but RG was absolutely robbed.

Yes Wang, Sur or whatever that guy wants to call himself put in some good, imposed himself physically at times but the points deduction and the fact that RG was landing the superior shots all night, with the better punch selection should have got him the win.

We are living in some crazy boxing dimension these days where the judges seemed to be paid off for every bout. Or they have no clue how to score a fight.

What was a possible fight of the year ends on a very sour note. Who did you guys have winning?
                    How convenient.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                      I'll rewatch the fights eventually. I'll admit I'm a little more biased towards Gonzalez than either GGG or Jacobs, but hey, it's a boxing forum. It wouldn't be fun of we all agreed all the time.
                      We can't agree all the time but we are all, supposedly, bxoing fans and putting national, racial and personal biases to one side, there waso nly one clear winner in the fight and it wasnt the guy with all the head butts.

Comment

Working...
                      X