Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there anyway floyd could have beaten leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there anyway floyd could have beaten leonard?

Leonard I think beats him and beats him easily. They both have great speed..but Floyd rarely throws more than one or two or at most three at 147. He pot shots whereas Leonard will rip of combos and if he has you hurt he will go hell for leather to finish you...just check out Leonard vs Hearns 1..leonard went on a ferocious onslaught towards the end to Ko a prime Hearns.

Feet I give to Leonard, he was younger at 147 then floyd and I think Floyd may have lost a step or two...

Chin to Leonard too. He took fierce punches of brutal ko artists like Duran,Hagler,Benitez and Hearns and although stunned sometimes never looked badly hurt...Floyd was almost down against Mosely..with respect Mosely's right hand is not in the same league as Hearns.

I think Leonard has that little bit extra in all

What do you think?

If he could frustrate Leonard enough and make him look bad enough missing while landing his own shots, Mayweather could steal a decision. When you're talking 2 ATG fighters, you can't really count out either fighter.

That being said, I'd pick Leonard if such a matchup was possible and I would be very confident about it.

Comment

Leonard looked lost in the first hearns fight. I think floyd could do the same but leonard would probably beat him by ud.

Comment

No. It'd be close but clear win for SRL. Big part of Floyd's success that is slept on is how he uses his reach advantage to maintain distance where he is in range while his opponent is not.

That would not be the case with SRL

Comment

No way Mayweather beats Leonard.

Leonard had EVERYTHING Mayweather had and more.

Leonard had quicker hand speed, long jab, better footwork, more power, and equal or just about as good Boxing skill..plus a size advantage of height.

Look at Leonard Vs Duran 2....

Thats how Mayweather Vs Leonard would have looked, granted Mayweather was way more quicker than Duran, but he would have been tagged all night long by a jab and power punches. Mayweather's defense wouldn't have even been effective enough to stop those quick jabs.

Leonard gets a TKO or UD easily.

Comment

Yes, there is a way floyd could've beaten Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
              Leonard looked lost in the first hearns fight. I think floyd could do the same but leonard would probably beat him by ud.
              Only one issue, Floyd will not be the bigger, taller, long and HARD KO puncher like Hearns was, he will be a shorter, softer puncher without a killer instict like hearns had.

Comment

Of course there is. Just because he's not currently active doesn't mean he's invincible.

Comment

Old Mayweather now could've beaten old Leonard

Comment

Possibly. Advanced state of the art PEDS are more of an effective tool for boxing than cocaine is.

WAKA WAKA!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X