No announcement yet.

OK we all know that shane was old and inactive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
    NOPE.........HE WAS A LITTLE PAST PRIMED IN THE COTTO FIGHT................AND LOOKED GOOD BECAUSE OF A MADE TO ORDER Margarito...................................
    He looked good to a "made-to-order" Margarito fight.....the same Margarito that hurt and defeated the in prime Cotto.The same Margarito that didn't get hurt against Miguel Cotto's punches when Cotto gave him everything he had,but Mosely stopped him....

Sure-Mosely was not in prime-that would be stupid to assume.Nobody debates this,but everyone said Floyd wouldn't take the fight in the first place as if Shane was going to beat Floyd....

I would have to assume that Floyd is out of his peak as well. The guy is 33 and has been in 12 rounds in the last 2+ years....if that's not a recipe for ring-rust as well,I don't know what is.His style since coming out of retirement has been a touch different...

This was a legitimate victory for Floyd.At the end of the day,he did what he was supposed to-and then some...Who would have guessed that Floyd would fight Shane toe to toe????? I can tell you not a single person believed that he would win this way...

Comment

Originally posted by mandirigma View Post
      Done here. Simply put, Floyd demanded first. That's a clear and bingo! hesitation and a sign of act of cowardness

I can't change your mind,but perhaps one day you can vomit the crap that Manny and Arum have been feeding you and look at some facts without your "fan-goggles".
      If the demand was implemented first,then why did the negotiations persist?Was Manny/Arum ever going to go through with testing???
      USADA's testing is NOT the scary "kryptonite to Superman" that you are making it out to be,unless someone is guilty....

Comment

I think what it really boils down to is that Shane is still a top five welterweight, and likely the best welterweight not named Manny or Floyd. Those two have really seperated themselves from the rest, and that is why they gotta fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
          I think what it really boils down to is that Shane is still a top five welterweight, and likely the best welterweight not named Manny or Floyd. Those two have really seperated themselves from the rest, and that is why they gotta fight each other.
          That is spot on.I would say Shane is probably more than competitive against other fighters not named Floyd. Styles make fights...The success that Floyd had against Shane is not translated to what success that Manny would have over Shane.
          ATM-Shane could still be a #3 WW,we know that Shane has beaten Margarito badly,and I would rank him higher than someone like Clottey or Berto (I am unsure of where Berto belongs...he beat Quintana,and imo-lost to Collazo).Where he stays at though,is another story-especially if he even stays in the ring after this fight.

People underestimate the way Floyd adapts in the ring-it is the perfect way to fight "pattern" fighters.At the moment,I don't see any adaptable fighters in the WW division that are as good as Floyd.Manny is second best at WW,and that is a very fair assumption.

When/If they happen to fight,I know I have chosen and determined a winner of this fight based on styles,not on fanbases....
          Last edited by damned1974; 05-06-2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
            He looked good to a "made-to-order" Margarito fight.....the same Margarito that hurt and defeated the in prime Cotto.The same Margarito that didn't get hurt against Miguel Cotto's punches when Cotto gave him everything he had,but Mosely stopped him....

Sure-Mosely was not in prime-that would be stupid to assume.Nobody debates this,but everyone said Floyd wouldn't take the fight in the first place as if Shane was going to beat Floyd....

I would have to assume that Floyd is out of his peak as well. The guy is 33 and has been in 12 rounds in the last 2+ years....if that's not a recipe for ring-rust as well,I don't know what is.His style since coming out of retirement has been a touch different...

This was a legitimate victory for Floyd.At the end of the day,he did what he was supposed to-and then some...Who would have guessed that Floyd would fight Shane toe to toe????? I can tell you not a single person believed that he would win this way...

styles make fights.......................it was a mediocre to ok win for floyd.............dont get me wrong he had a dominating performance..................

Comment

It was a good not great win over a universally accepted past prime but top rated WW.

He is an excellent defensive boxer and proved finally that he could beat someone on Shane's level who was a danger to him or at least thought to be leading up to the fight but his way of doing it to me is still very very boring.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
                damn this thread again
                WTF is your problem..............

Comment

everyone talks a bunch of ****, but when Pac faces Floyd? Floyd is going to knock out Manny within 7 rounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                    styles make fights.......................it was a mediocre to ok win for floyd.............dont get me wrong he had a dominating performance..................
                    If Pac had fought Shane and dominated, you would have a completely different view.

But Pac refused to fight Shane, even at a catchweight of 142, so we will never know.

Comment

I already said for more than a month that shane's age will be the biggest factor in this fight, and i am 101% correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X