Hall of Fame Voting 2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall of Fame Voting 2009

Hey Fellas:
    Along with Lee Groves and the great Jack Obermayer, a short bios list was compiled for the consideration of HOF voters this year. A lot of work went into this and it was great working with both men, each of whom deserve kudos. The names will all be familiar and first time nominees will be released on 10/1. Per conversations with the Hall, no names not elected have been removed from a year ago. With the first timers coming, here is the rest of this year's ballot:

http://bwaa.org/ibhof.htm

Jimmy Carruthers for the win!!!!!!!

Retired as undefeated champ, before coming back ten years later due to severe financial problems and losing. Was without a doubt one of the great fighters of his era. Bloody genius in his prime. Dave Sands for the win too!

There are some really damn good fighters in there though.

Jung Koo Chang
    Ernesto Marcel
    Myung Woo Yoo
    Pone Kingpetch
    Yoko Gushiken
    Hamed
    Happy Lora

Plus a whole pile of others greats as well.
    Last edited by BennyST; 09-24-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Induct Lloyd Marshall for ****'s sake.

He only has wins over Teddy Yarosz, Ken Overlin, Charley Burley, Ezzard Charles, Holman Williams, Jake LaMotta, Freddie Mills, and Joey Maxim.

Comment

All the bios are up...Little Red, Laciar, and Ottke are new to the ballot in 09.

http://bwaa.org/ibhof.htm

Comment

ottke???????...........................for shame...............

Comment

I'll be a little irritated if Ottke gets in there on his first year while there are more deserving fighters on that list.

Comment

Got no problem with Ottke on the ballot...I'd be SHOCKED if he got in.

S
              H
              O
              C
              K
              E
              D

And I don't mean this year. I mean EVER.

Comment

Working...
              X