Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter: Bernard Hopkins or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Is this the same Bernard Hopkins that you referring to in this post:
    Absolutely awesome.

Comment

• Mayweather but I'd like to see how it all unfolds for him as his career winds down. The Alvarez win may be his last hurrah.

I think a better question (rather than one posters create out of hate for one fighter) is: What was the better performance?

Hopkins-Trinidad or Mayweather-Corrales?

Those are two of my favorite master classes in this generation.

Comment

• Floyd is the better fighter, but the level of competition is nowhere close. Floyd will be remembered for skill, Hopkins for accomplishments and unreal longevity. I'd go with Hopkins.

Comment

• Historians and writers already rate Floyd above Hopkins.....it is debatable though. Hopkins is the only active guy who has a resume close to or on par with Floyd's

Comment

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
            Historians and writers already rate Floyd above Hopkins.....it is debatable though. Hopkins is the only active guy who has a resume close to or on par with Floyd's
            You go through the thread and it's all based on emotions. I'm gonna say it again, a lot of the same people bigging up Hopkins' career would disrespect him if instead of Mayweather it was Pacquiao on the title. People are too emotional on here and I agree with the bold.

Comment

• BH is greater, and its not as close as some would like to believe.
              When BH was past it, he still beat Pavlik, Tarver etc. Now is Canelo even as good as Pavlik was? Pavlik must have been rated about no6p4p, not to mention Tarver.
              Canelo hadn't beaten anyone of note so wasn't in the top 20 p4p.
              And it was a CW as well.

And BH has contined to take risks, he just fought kovalev. Yes he lost, but he took the risks. If FLoyd took a proper risk, would Floyd win. So its all down to the zero is Floyds selling point, but we know better that Zeros don't count for much when all is said and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                I think Bernard Hopkins had a greater career than Floyd Mayweather.

He fought the best, while Floyd avoided many of the better boxers in and around his division.

Floyd avoided Williams, Margarito, prime Mosley, Morales, prime De La Hoya, Casamayor, Tszyu, Forrest and of course Pacquiao.

I remember Hopkins once offered to fight a heavyweight Oleg Maskaev when Oleg had the WBC title.
                Hopkins hands down.

Reason being is he fought all the tough guys available to him in his later career, before B hop had a weak middleweight division and he defended his titles for a long time.

B hop ran the middleweight division for years and defended his titles multiple times, something Floyd didnt do, B hop fought guys in their prime like Jermain Taylor, and Kelly Pavlik, B hop also went up to 168 and fought Joe Calzaghe, he fought Tarver and beat Tarver who beat jones, B hop capped out with fighting who many considered the monster of 175 in Kovalev.

Floyd hasn't done anything special or extraordinary in boxing when you look at it on paper, only thing he has done is earn a lot of money on ppv.

Other than that there were already 5 division champions before him, also he never fights the fights we want to see at the right time.

He ducked Pacquiao in front of the entire world and his reasoning is Pac in his prime was so much of a threat he might have hurt him and could have been on steroids that is a compliment he put fear in Floyd, so Floyd feared for his health. Old ass B hop fought younger stronger punchers and the russian Krusher in Kovalev who literally killed a man in the ring! B hop hands down in my book.

B hop was even willing to go down to 160 to fight Floyd lol, and Floyds pops said no way no how is that fight going to happen.

B hop even wanted to fight Pacquiao at a catchweight of 158 after Pac destroyed Hatton.

B hop loves challenges, Floyd doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Hopkins hands down.

Reason being is he fought all the tough guys available to him in his later career, before B hop had a weak middleweight division and he defended his titles for a long time.

B hop ran the middleweight division for years and defended his titles multiple times, something Floyd didnt do, B hop fought guys in their prime like Jermain Taylor, and Kelly Pavlik, B hop also went up to 168 and fought Joe Calzaghe, he fought Tarver and beat Tarver who beat jones, B hop capped out with fighting who many considered the monster of 175 in Kovalev.

Floyd hasn't done anything special or extraordinary in boxing when you look at it on paper, only thing he has done is earn a lot of money on ppv.

Other than that there were already 5 division champions before him, also he never fights the fights we want to see at the right time.

He ducked Pacquiao in front of the entire world and his reasoning is Pac in his prime was so much of a threat he might have hurt him and could have been on steroids that is a compliment he put fear in Floyd, so Floyd feared for his health. Old ass B hop fought younger stronger punchers and the russian Krusher in Kovalev who literally killed a man in the ring! B hop hands down in my book.

B hop was even willing to go down to 160 to fight Floyd lol, and Floyds pops said no way no how is that fight going to happen.

B hop even wanted to fight Pacquiao at a catchweight of 158 after Pac destroyed Hatton.

B hop loves challenges, Floyd doesn't.
                  You are correct.

Comment

Working...
                  X