The real winner of Thurman-Garcia is Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pac will kill both of them

Comment

I've been repeatedly saying Manny is slipping and should quit fighting for titles.
      However, now I'm thinking he should fight Keith and make it his last fight. Everybody wins.

Comment

Am I the only one who saw Manny struggle with Vargas? I wouldn't put him in with anyone who hits harder.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          Am I the only one who saw Manny struggle with Vargas? I wouldn't put him in with anyone who hits harder.
          It was a clear 117-111 win...116-112 if you give all the close rounds to Vargas.

Rewatch the fight. He didn't struggle. Rather it was fairly close until round 7. Then Pac used his experience and pulled away. He just got hit by about 2 or 3 overhand rights,.. but that was it.

You guys are still comparing Pac to his 2009 days. Against Vargas, he was a counter puncher. He respected Vargas' overhand right so he adjusted and took it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I've been repeatedly saying Manny is slipping and should quit fighting for titles.
            However, now I'm thinking he should fight Keith and make it his last fight. Everybody wins.
            Yep. Me too. I think 2017 is his last yearr. I think he could end his career with Khan and Thurman... and that'd be a good way to go. He has 2 fights left in him IMO. 3 maybe.

Looking at his twitter, he watched the fight. I think after watching they'd actually prefer to face Thurman over a guy like Brook who is bigger.

I'm certain they would definitely prefer Thurman over Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
              It was a clear 117-111 win...116-112 if you give all the close rounds to Vargas.

Rewatch the fight. He didn't struggle. Rather it was fairly close until round 7. Then Pac used his experience and pulled away. He just got hit by about 2 or 3 overhand rights,.. but that was it.

You guys are still comparing Pac to his 2009 days. Against Vargas, he was a counter puncher. He respected Vargas' overhand right so he adjusted and took it away.
              I never said he didn't win. He won more rounds, but they were competitive. That's a cause for concern.

Comment

I never said he didn't win. He won more rounds, but they were competitive. That's a cause for concern.
                Well, you said he struggled. It took him about 5 rounds to figure him out and that was that.

Of course he doesn't throw nearly as much as when he was younger. So he doesn't overwhelm guys anymore. Now he just counters and boxes. So his performances don't seem as dominating.

At this level, little edges separate the top fighters and Manny displayed it.

Besides that, Vargas had a 3 inch height advantage and clear reach advantage and was loading up on his rights. Pac did what he had to do.

So thus... wouldn't say he struggled... he's just more careful now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
                  Well, you said he struggled. It took him about 5 rounds to figure him out and that was that.

Of course he doesn't throw nearly as much as when he was younger. So he doesn't overwhelm guys anymore. Now he just counters and boxes. So his performances don't seem as dominating.

At this level, little edges separate the top fighters and Manny displayed it.

Besides that, Vargas had a 3 inch height advantage and clear reach advantage and was loading up on his rights. Pac did what he had to do.

So thus... wouldn't say he struggled... he's just more careful now.
                  He's more "careful" now, yet he got hit with more clean "loaded up" right hands than someone like Vargas had the right to? Ok.

Comment

He's more "careful" now, yet he got hit with more clean "loaded up" right hands than someone like Vargas had the right to? Ok.
                    Well everyone knows one of Manny's weaknesses is getting hit by the overhand right.. he is a southpaw as well, so that right hand is always a threat.

Pac gets hit by overhand rights each fight. Vargas, Bradley, Floyd...etc.

But every boxer gets hit by punches in a fight. That particular punch noticeably lands on Pac. But overall Pacquiao is more defensively responsible than before. He uses his footwork to get in and out of range and is more conscious of where he is.

Comment

Manny so should've took that Thurman offer. He would've cut Keith to pieces in between those wide-swinging shots.

Sad, little old Pacquiao would run right throw Thurman, Garcia, Broner, and Khan. We'll see how Spence looks vs Brook.

Comment

Working...
                      X