Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather's cheap shots weaken Ortiz' chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather's cheap shots weaken Ortiz' chin?

We all know that when a boxer gets KO'd off their feet they either come back affraid or easier to hurt. Their chins are never the same. I think that Ortiz can beat Berto in the rematch but the only factor that remains is if his chin has cracked?

I don't believe so. Not from something like that. A quick KO loss is more mental, but given the circumstances, Victor should be fine. Now when you get beat down, then that can affect your chin. Look at Mayorga after the Trinidad fight. We won't really know until he fights again, but I don't see it being a problem.

Comment

Ortiz was always a bit chinny man.

But the floyd KO wasn't some devastating KO, he got up to his feet. He should be the same (his confidence could be a different story though).

Comment

If anything Maidana made Ortiz more dubious about his chin.

Comment

Mental effect possibly, physical effect no

Comment

roberto duran begs to differ

plus its not like he put him to sleep lol tells you weak floyds hands are

Comment

Ortiz always had a questionable chin.

It's like talking to a tree man.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
                roberto duran begs to differ

plus its not like he put him to sleep lol tells you weak floyds hands are
                He knocked a guy out with a 1..2.. That's pretty impressive..

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                  We all know that when a boxer gets KO'd off their feet they either come back affraid or easier to hurt. Their chins are never the same. I think that Ortiz can beat Berto in the rematch but the only factor that remains is if his chin has cracked?
                  I don't believe so. Khan was REALLY KO'd and came back stronger, as have many other fighters. Anyway, I don't believe that Ortiz was really KO'd, I think that he was astonished at the cheap shot and his brain may have been a little addled. I know that the first left hook was not very strong, and he seemed to think that the ref would do something about it when he was hit unawares by the right hand.

Comment

That applies to boxers who get beaten into submission or Jacksoned.

Floyd knocking out Ortiz wasn't that severe it was more a case of him not being able to beat the 10 count as opposed to him forgetting the fight took place. If anything he learnt a life lesson, protect yourself at all times.

Comment

Working...
                    X